The Samsung Galaxy S8 touch screen Sensitivity issue is one problem some users of the device have been experiencing. If you are among one of the users experiencing this screen Sensitivity issue then you might be happy to find out the problem might not be from Samsung, neither is it from you. It might actually be from your screen protector.
Most users of the Samsung Galaxy S8 found out that the sensitivity issue they were having on their device was as a simple result of a gap of some sort between the screen protector and the phone’s screen display. Screen protectors are meant to protect our phone screens from damages in the event of a fall or drop on hard surfaces but it seems to be having the opposite effect on the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Removing the screen protector might just fixed the problem as so many other Samsung Galaxy S8 users have reportedly fixed their screen Sensitivity issues simply by removing their screen protectors or getting one that will not cover the sensor and camera area of the front side. However, you have a Corning gorilla glass 5 protecting your Samsung Galaxy S8 screen; it doesn’t need extra protection. You can also try removing and putting the screen protector back properly to see if it works.
If you still want to use the screen protector by all means necessary then you can increase the home button Sensitivity which should somewhat increase Sensitivity for the whole screen. To do this Go to Settings >> Display >> Navigation Bar. From here you can change the sensitivity of your home button.
However, if after taking the screen protector off and your Samsung Galaxy S8 touch screen Sensitivity Issue still persists then you should try booting your device in safe mode. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and Hold the Power Button. Once the Samsung Logo comes up, immediately let go of the power button and Press and Hold the Volume Down Button. Keep holding the Volume Down Button till it boots up.
You should be able to see “Safe Mode” Written at the bottom corner of the screen. Now proceed to check if the screen Sensitivity is now working fine. If it is working fine then an app is responsible for the issue and you will need to locate and uninstall that app. On the other hand, if it screen Sensitivity Issue still persists, then you have no other choice but to factory reset your phone. Follow the steps below to that but make sure you BackUp your important files first.
- Turn Off your Samsung Galaxy Note S8.
- Press and Hold the Bixby Button and Volume Up Button. Now, Press and Hold the Power Button.
- Keep holding the three Buttons till you see the Android Logo. When you see it, let go of all three Buttons.
- You’ll see “Installing system updates”. Wait for about a minute and you’ll be taken to the recovery menu.
- Using the Volume Down Button, Scroll Down to “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and Select it using the Power Button.
- Again, Use the Volume Down Button to navigate to “Yes” and Select it using the Power Button.
- Once it is done wiping your phone, Navigate to “Reboot System Now” and Select to reboot your device and you’re good to go.
This should fix the problem if it is software related.
The problem still not Solved? If you are still experiencing the Samsung Galaxy S8 touch screen Sensitivity Issue at this point, then you might want to get your phone checked out by a phone technician as it might probably be a hardware problem.
Did the method above fix your Samsung Galaxy S8 screen Sensitivity Issues? Let us know in the comment section below.