Through this tutorial, we will see how to format the locked Android phone. When you can’t unlock your phone with a password or PIN, often the only thing you can do is reset your phone. I warn you right now that formatting the locked Android phone, erases all the data on your phone, so the best thing you can do right now is to back up your data.
First of all, calm down, don’t panic, because as we will see there are ways to bypass the block and get access to your Android phone or tablet. But anyway, if the security system configured in the terminal has a PIN or password and not a model or facial recognition, you will almost certainly lose all the data on your phone in the process. And as we have already recommended, you should make a backup.
There are several ways to unlock the screen if you have passed 5 attempts. So there is no need to worry. Here are the two ways to format the locked Android phone.
How to format the locked Android phone
1. How to format locked Android phone via Google account
- After 5 patterns drawn incorrectly, the screen will freeze.
- At the bottom of the lock screen, you can click on “Did you forget the sequence?”
- Enter your Google Account username and password.
- Click “Sign in”.
- It will allow you to draw a NEW unlock pattern.
Note: this method requires you to connect the device to the Internet (Wifi) or you cannot access the Google account.
2. Restore factory settings to remove the password
If the above solution doesn’t work for you, unfortunately, you will have to resort to desperate measures. I’m talking about a hard reset, or what it is the same: restore factory settings. It is a tough but effective method.
Follow the steps to restore the factory settings of your Android device:
First, you need to turn off the device, then press and hold the Volume Down key and the Power/Lock key simultaneously for a few seconds.
Navigate using ONLY the volume down key. Go to “wipe data/factory reset“, press. Clear all settings and data on the device, then restart the phone, the password will be removed.
Once you have successfully restored the factory settings, you will be able to access your device without entering the lock password.
In a word, we strongly recommend using solution 1 to clear the Android screen password, but if you are having trouble signing up for your Google account, you need to try the second solution despite losing your data.
With this process, we lose all the data we had on our phone, but on the other hand, we have resurrected our beloved smartphone. Therefore, it is always good to back up your phone frequently. You never know what can happen to your smartphone.
3. How to format a locked Android phone without losing any data
If you don’t have a Google Account and want to keep all the data on your phone, you should instead use an Android password removal app. There is a password removal tool built into the program and you can remove PIN/patterns and Google FRP passwords in minutes. Above all, this method does not involve any data loss.
- Download and install the program on a computer for Windows and MAC. Open the program and click “Remove lock screen” from the main window. Afterward, the program will open a new window.
- Connect the phone to the computer with a USB cable. Then enter the device information from the target list. If the device model is not listed, it means that the device is not currently supported.
- Click on the “Start unlock” button and the program starts to download the customized package for unlocking the password.
- When the download is complete, click the Next button on the window and follow the instructions to put the Android phone into download mode.
- When the download is complete, the program starts analyzing the device and removing the password. This takes a few minutes. Wait for the password to be removed.
So the easiest way to format your locked Android phone or reset your phone password is with your Google account. If you don’t have one, create one now in case you need it in the future.