How to increase the RAM on Android using the SD card: Most Android users face insufficient RAM problems while playing heavy games or running a high-end application. Most of the time the phone freezes and you have to restart it.
Unlike physical memory, it is not possible to increase the RAM of a smartphone. But, in this article, I offer you the solution to increase the RAM on Android using an SD card.
To increase the RAM of your Android, you need to download, install and run an application called ROEHSOFT RAM-EXPANDER (SWAP). This application allows users to create partitions (such as a desktop hard drive) and use the SD card as an extension of the RAM.
To increase the RAM of an Android smartphone is not an easy task. But, it is possible, here in this article we are going to share a trick to increase the RAM of your Android phone. Buying a new smartphone with lots of RAM is always a good choice, but not everyone can afford a new Android smartphone.
How to increase the RAM on Android using the SD card
In this tutorial, I will provide you with the solution to increase the RAM memory of your Android device using a Micro SD card. We will use an application called ROEHSOFT RAM-EXPANDER (SWAP) to increase the RAM of our Android device.
- Download and install Roehsoft RAM Expander on your Android smartphone.
NB: The phone must be rotated in order to make this fantastic application work.
- Once done start the application and then grant the Root permission to the application.
- Now click on the “Swap/Active” button to show you some storage devices. Here you need to choose the memory card from the list.
- Here you need to set the new size for the Swap file (follow the on-screen instruction to create the file). After setting the new size, scroll to “Swap/Active” and wait a few minutes for the process to complete.
- Once completed, click on the “Swap/Active” button and you’re done.
You will not see the increased RAM in the settings, but you will notice a marked improvement in the performance of your Android. Now try playing with a heavy game or a high-end application, try it!
That’s all on how to increase RAM on Android using the SD card, from today you don’t have to change or reboot your phone to have more RAM available.