How to install a custom ROM on Samsung devices using Odin, you got annoyed with the usual Samsung user interface, and so you decided to change. Your budget doesn’t allow you to switch phones, but you can change the operating system on your phone, giving it a freshening up with something more beautiful and new.
What we’re going to see is the most comfortable way to install a custom ROM on Samsung devices. To know how to do it, just follow the instructions below.
Charge the device battery at least 60% before starting the process and back up all important data, contacts, text messages, etc. You must unlock the OEM of your Samsung device before proceeding to the tutorial.
First, you need to download the ROM file, then download the latest version of Odin from here, then download and install the USB drivers from here, finally, you need to unlock the bootloader of your Samsung device. Read this post if you don’t know how.
How to install a custom ROM on Samsung devices using Odin
- First, download and unzip the latest version of Odin.
- After downloading the ROM files, extract them to your PC.
- Now run the Odin .exe file.
- Turn off the device.
- Press the “Volume Down + Home + Power” button to switch on the device in download mode.
- Connect the device to the PC via the USB cable.
- Open Odin and find the ROM .tar file in the AP box.
- Click on the Start button.
- Wait a few minutes for the process to finish.
- When the process is finished a green “PASS” message will be displayed.
- When the process is over, restart the device.
- After that remove the USB cable from the PC.
- Now go to the custom recovery mode by holding down the Volume Up + Home + power button.
- Then from the recovery, you make a data/factory reset.
- Finally, reboot the device.
Have you finished.
This is the simplest guide to installing a custom ROM on your Samsung device.
If you have problems with this guide, talk about it in the comment box below.
If you liked the article, please share it.