In this article, we will explain how to install apps on a Samsung Smart TV with and without an official market. The cornerstone of the Smart TV experience is the display of television programs, films, and other content via the Internet streaming process; streaming content is accessible via the app. Almost all Smart TVs have a selection of preloaded apps, but most Smart TVs allow users to add more.
MUST READ: How to install an application on a Smart TV
The precise steps required to add more apps to a Smart TV may vary from brand to model or from model to model within a brand. There may also be slight changes in the appearance of the on-screen menu from year to year. Here are some examples of how to install apps on a Samsung Smart TV.
If you don’t see an app on your Samsung Smart TV home page (aka Smart Hub) that you want to access, it may be available via Samsung Apps Store.
To find out if the app is available and then add it, follow these steps:
Make sure you have set up a Samsung account. This can be done through the TV System Settings .
How to install apps on a Samsung Smart TV
- If you have a Samsung account, click Apps on the menu bar. This will take you to the My Apps screen which shows all the pre-loaded apps, as well as access to apps in other categories, such as News, Most Popular, Videos, Lifestyle, and Entertainment.
- If you see an app that is not in My apps but wants to add it, select the app icon. This will take you to the app installation page, which also provides information on what the app does, plus some example screenshots showing how the app works.
- If you don’t see the app you want in the official categories tabs, you can see if it’s available in the Samsung Apps store using the search function. To search for an app, select the magnifying glass located in the upper right corner of any app menu screen.
- Once you find the desired app, select Install.
- After installing the app, you will be asked to open it. If you don’t want to open the app, simply leave the menu and open it later from My apps.
Use the browser
If you can’t find the application in the official market, you can always download it from the web, using the browser you installed by default on your Smart TV, for example, “download chrome apk”, then download and install the app as a normal application.
Or through “sideloading”
Or you can upload all the Android apps on the new Smart TVs by reading this article!
In case of problems, use the comment box.