In this guide, I explain how to install Google Apps and Play Store on Xiaomi smartphones in the Chinese version with MIUI 10 and MIUI 9. The procedure is really simple and takes a few seconds, also does not need the root.
If you’ve just bought a Chinese version of Xiaomi device, you’ll immediately agree that Google Apps are not installed, the Play Store and all the other Google applications that are replaced by those of Xiaomi are missing. This happens on Xiaomi China devices with both MIUI 9 and the latest MIUI 10. Do not worry though, today I’ll explain step by step the procedure to install all Google services in MIUI without root and without having to go crazy with complex steps.
You know that access to Google, and all related services, is essential to be able to make the most of your smartphone. The Google services provide a wide range of applications, backup, synchronization of contacts and Gmail, and more. So we see the procedure to install the Google Apps and the Play Store on MIUI 10 and MIUI 9 on Xiaomi China devices in a simple and fast. The procedure can be performed by everyone, even by the least technology experts, follow these simple steps.
How to install Play Store and Google Apps on Xiaomi in Chinese version: step by step procedure
- The first step is to access the, find it among the various applications installed on your smartphone. The Mi App Store requires no account and no registration, so you can simply access and download the app.
- At the top, you will see a search bar (search bar), write Google and press the blue button on the keyboard.
- After a few moments, you will get a list of available applications, installed the one that I highlighted in the image by tapping on Install.
- Now go back to the home and look for the app you just installed, open it and press the big blue button at the bottom of the screen, this will start the installation of all Google Apps.
- In the first steps, you will see a popup asking you permission to install applications of unknown origin, accept clicking on Settings first and then activating the button next to the word “Allow from this source”. Go back and continue with the next steps.
- Now the installation of the various components will start, you continue to accept the various installation requests individually and switch taps on Install and Done. At the end of the procedure, you will have completed the installation of Google Apps and various Google services.
- If you return to the home you will find the installed Play Store, now you just have to log in with your Google account and enjoy all your favorite apps.
- My advice is to open the Play Store, move on My applications and proceed to “update all installed apps”. In this way, you will immediately update all Google services and you can use them in the latest version.
I have installed the Google Apps but the contacts are not synchronized
There may be problems synchronizing contacts between the Google Account and the Xiaomi phone application. In this case, the easiest way is to open the Google Play Store and download and install the Google Contacts app. Once installed, open it and manually start contact synchronization.
We have therefore seen how simple it is to install GApps and Play Store on Xiaomi China smartphones with MIUI 10 and MIUI 9. If you have problems during the installation procedure leave a comment below, we will be happy to help.