IPTV, alternatively Internet Protocol Television, allows you to watch live streaming TV content with the software included in the multimedia center. IPTV provides TV content through the Internet protocol instead of the more traditional formats.
Kodi is one of the best media centers for Windows and other platforms that have adopted IPTV streaming to be able to watch streaming TV with the software without the need for additional hardware such as the TV tuner.
There are numerous IPTV add-ons for Kodi to watch a variety of channels. Navi-X, oCloud, UKTV, Kodi Live and Ultimate IPTV are some of the most important IPTV media add-ons that collect content from web sources.
So you will need to install one of those add-ons or other alternatives to enable IPTV on Kodi. Here’s how to add Ultimate IPTV to Kodi, “which has a vast collection of channels” to the software. Note that Guidesmartphone does not endorse the streaming of exclusive or copyrighted multimedia content.
How to install IPTV on Kodi
First, you need to configure the add-ons for unknown sources on Kodi. Click the gear icon at the top of the Kodi sidebar and select System Settings to open the other options.
Here you can select Add-ons in the left sidebar, you need to enable unknown sources. Click on unknown sources and press the Yes button to confirm your choice.
Add the Fusion repository to Kodi
You will need the Fusion Repository to add Ultimate IPTV to Kodi. If you haven’t already installed it, click the gear icon at the top of the sidebar on the home screen and select the
- Here select Add Source to open the window.
- Add the source file immediately below.
- Click on <None> and enter << http://fusion.tvaddons.ag or find one on this page >>, in the text box, then press the OK button to confirm.
- Write “Fusion” as the title of the multimedia source.
- Press OK to add the source and return to the Kodi main screen.
Add ultimate IPTV on Kodi
- Select Add-ons in the sidebar and click on the box icon at the top left to open the additional browser.
- Then click Install from the zip file and select Fusion, which includes the Kodi-repos directory.
- Select Kodi-repos > Language to open a list.
- Select repository.ultimate-1.0.0.zip from there and press the OK button.
- An enabled add-on notification will be displayed at the top right of the Kodi window.
- Return to the home screen, click Add-ons and the box icon in the add-in sidebar as before.
- Select Install from the repository and click Ultimate repo> Video add-ons to open the list of add-ons, which includes Ultimate IPTV and f4mTester.
- Click on Ultimate IPTV and then click on the Install button to add it to Kodi.
- A notification of successful installation should appear at the top right of Kodi.
- To get the best out of Ultimate IPTV, you need to add F4M Tester to Kodi.
- This is one of the video add-ons included in the Ultimate IPTV repository.
- Then you can also select f4MTester from the list of video add-ons shown above and press the Install button.
The latest additional IPTV settings
- Click Add-ons in the home sidebar and select Ultimate IPTV to open the add-on. This includes various categories of channels to choose from. The add-on has thousands of channels.
- Before opening the channels, check some of the add-on’s configuration options. Move the cursor to the left of the Kodi window to open a sidebar from which you can select the Add-in Settings.
- This will open the following settings which include the Set default playback option with which you can configure playback.
Ultimate IPTV settings also include filters to filter channels.
For example, you can set a filter to return the flows of a country channel in a more specific way.
- To add a filter, click Filter Set 1 and enter “Kenya” or “United States”.
- Click Choose Filter and select Set 1 from there.
- Press OK to confirm the new settings.
Then select a channel category to open the channel list.
Since the filter was selected, that list includes only the selected channels.
We have just finished talking about how to install IPTV on Kodi, if you have problems let me know in the comments!