I have done extensive research on this topic, experimented, and found some hacks to see Sky Go on Smart TV. With this process, you can watch your favorite movie on your Smart TV.
I have the Sky Go app and I love watching it on the go. But I also like watching movies on a bigger screen, like a television. It is sometimes difficult because I have a Smart TV and the Sky Go app doesn’t support connecting to a TV or monitor. However…
Can you watch Sky Go on Smart TV?
You can see Sky on Smart TV if you look at a few things. First, you need to have Chromecast, a dongle that allows you to cast content from your mobile phone to your TV. Another way to watch Sky Go on TV is via HDMI, a cable that connects your computer to your TV.
Digital streaming is one of the most sought after things right now. Sky Go allows you to watch the news, sports, and almost any content on a smartphone or PC. Keep reading…
Please note that Sky Go is not yet compatible with Chromecast. To use Chromecast to watch Sky Go on a smart TV, hacking screen mirroring is the best way to do it, making sure you see Sky Go on your TV.
I’ve put together multiple hacks below so that if one doesn’t work for you today, you can try another. Also, I will provide detailed steps on each hack to watch skygo on smart tv.
How to watch SkyGo on TV via HDMI cable
To make Sky Go work on Smart TV via an HDMI cable, you need to mirror your laptop screen. First, you will need to:
- Connect the computer to the TV using the HDMI cable
- Make sure you have a Sky Go app on your TV and that Wi-Fi is working properly
- While on the Sky Go app, start watching your content and choose to mirror your screen. An error may appear, but there is another way.
- Stream a video and the content on your laptop screen will be streamed to your TV.
- Unfortunately, Sky Go has no option to allow HDMI connection between your phone and a smart TV. Because? The alternative was available years ago, but Sky go blocked the option following mischievous acts by its subscribers sharing content with those who had not subscribed to Sky Go services.
How to connect Sky to TV using Chromecast
You can’t exactly load Sky Go directly from your Chromecast, but there are a few ways around it. As of today, Sky doesn’t support direct casting from a mobile phone or laptop to Chromecast. Hacking screen mirroring (from a laptop) is the best way to stream to your smart TV using a Chromecast. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Sky Go app on your laptop;
- Make sure you have the latest version of Google Chrome installed on your computer;
- On your laptop’s Sky Go app, select what you want to watch;
- In the Chrome browser window, click on the three dots in the right corner, which should show a drop-down menu and select “Cast”. You should see a tab with the list of available devices;
- In the same tab, under “sources”, select to broadcast “the entire desktop”
You should now be able to watch the selected Sky Go program on your smart TV.
How to watch SkyGo on TV using a PS4
Gaming consoles like PS4 have become more than just devices you plug into your computer to play games. They have become an all-in-one entertainment device, allowing you to watch shows and movies in the comfort of your home at a low cost. How to proceed? First, you will need the following;
- Become a Sky TV subscriber
- Sky ID and password
- Your active PlayStation account
- And over 250MB of free space on your PS4.
If this is your first time using a Sky Go app, make sure you have the same app on your phone or laptop where you agree to the terms and conditions. To download and watch Sky Go TV on Smart TV, please follow the steps below:
- Turn on your PS4 and log into your PlayStation network.
- Find the TV and video option on the main screen. It looks like television in a square tile.
- Use the controller to scroll down until you find the Sky “TV from Sky” logo.
- Once it appears to choose download by pressing X on the controller
- Select the PlayStation symbol on the screen to return to the home page.
- A message will appear on the screen to notify you that the download was successful and that the Sky Go app is installed on your PS4.
How to access the Sky go app?
- Open your app by returning to the TV and video option using the navigator
- Find the sky logo and click on it. Select X on the controller to quickly launch the app.
- To set up Sky Go TV on your PS4:
After you have successfully installed the SKY GO app, the sign-in option should be available. Select it to get things started.
- Enter your Sky ID, which is also your username. Choose the next step.
- Add your Sky password and choose “Submit”.
- A confirmation message will appear that the setup process was successful and that you are logged in.
- After the previous step, your PS4 is ready and you can now stream your favorite shows and movies without having to turn off the console to turn on the TV.
How to download Sky Go on Smart TV using an XBOX
Are you an XBOX user? Well, I haven’t forgotten about you. Here’s what you need:
- Sky Go Extra subscription
- Active XBOX account, Gold or not.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose Xbox One apps;
- Select the Sky box and press A on the controller. Will download the television from the Sky application in the Xbox One main menu, open the television from the Sky application use your Sky ID and password to log in;
- Enjoy unlimited content, including live or on-demand TV;
How to watch Sky Go on an Android TV Box?
If you have an Android box, you can download and install the Sky Go app. However, when you select the content you want to watch, a message appears on the screen showing you that Sky Go is not compatible with Android TV.
The same is true when using Firestick. You will smile for a second as it appears to be preparing to install itself. But suddenly it displays a message that the two are not compatible. To watch Sky Go on an Android TV Box, the box must be rooted, which is not easy to do.