If you own an Apple TV, you can now try out the pre-release features of the new tvOS 13 with public beta 5. Users can now download and install the latest software and try out the newly introduced features, including the revamped control center, new home screen, and picture-in-picture.
With beta testing, users who are willing to try out the unfinished software are provided with a great opportunity as they get to explore unreleased features and functionalities while getting to give the company feedback. However, beta software comes with some bugs and performance issues. But that's what beta testing is all about anyway; “Finding and Fixing.” So you can easily do this on your Apple TV. Read on to learn how.
How to Download and Install tvOS 13 Public Beta 5 on Apple TV
- First off, you need to register your Apple account for the Apple Beta Program.
- Go to beta.apple.com.
- Next up, sign up for the beta program.
- Now, you need to type in your Apple ID and Password and then select the Sign In option.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Note: Make sure that the Apple ID you register for the beta testing is the same Apple ID on your Apple TV.
How to Enroll your Apple TV for tvOS 13 Public Beta 5
- Go to your Apple TV and launch the Settings app.
- Next, click Accounts and then click on iCloud, iTunes, or Game Center.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and then sign in.
- Click the Menu button on your Siri Remote twice.
- Next, select Software Updates under System.
- Enable the Get Publick Beta Updates option.
- Chose the Agree option.
Note: If you don't wish to get Beta updates in future, simply disable the Get Public Beta Updates option.
How to Install tvOS 13 Public Beta 5 on Apple TV
- Launch the Settings app on your Apple TV.
- Next up, click on System and then click on Software Updates.
- Select Update Software and finally, click on Download and Install.
- Once it is done downloading, proceed to set it up as you would a normal update.
That's all! Make sure to give us your feedback on the beta version. Happy beta testing!