Want to know how to move Spotify playlists to another account or service? Well, below you find how to do it. Thanks to these methods, switching to another account or to another service does not mean losing your favorite Spotify playlists.
Your Spotify playlists are a precious asset to which you have spent a lot of time customizing. So, if you’ve created a new account or switched to another music streaming service, it’s best to learn how to switch your Spotify playlists so you don’t miss them on the way.
In this article, we explain step by step to move Spotify playlists to another account or to another service. Depending on whether you want to continue using Spotify or change the platform, you will need to use one method or another to export your playlists, all from your computer.
How to move Spotify playlists to another account or service
First, we need to see how you can move Spotify playlists to another account. If you have become a new user, for example, to enjoy the new Premium Duo plan for couples and you want to transfer data from the playlists you created in your previous account, you only need a few seconds of your time. Download Spotify for Windows.
For this example, we used the version of Spotify for Windows, although the process works even if you use the web version of the platform. Step by step, we explain how to move your Spotify playlists to another account on the same music service.
- Open the Spotify program or web reader on your computer.
- In the menu on the left, find the playlist you want to pass and click on it with the right mouse button. In the displayed option menu, click Share> Copy Playlist Link.
- Log out of the account and log in with the new user.
- Paste the link from the playlist you copied into the search engine. Press the Enter key to start the search and your playlist will appear.
- Click the button with the three horizontal dots below the title of the list and from the displayed option menu select Save to Library. Thus, the playlist that you had in your previous Spotify account will be saved in your new user and you will be able to listen to the music you have been collecting for years.
How to transfer playlists to another service
You might think that moving your Spotify playlists to another service is a more complicated process than the one explained in the previous paragraphs, but nothing further from reality.Thanks to the Soundiiz site, the import and export of playlists between different music streaming platforms are fast and simple, you can forget having to go search one by one for the songs on a list in the new service you will use.
Before explaining the process to be followed step by step, proceed to register with Soundiiz to be able to use its services. Once registered, connect your accounts from the music services you are transferring playlists between. In our case, we will pass a Spotify playlist to Tidal, so these are the platforms that we have connected to Soundiiz.
Here are the steps to take to move Spotify playlists to another service using Soundiiz.
- Open Soundiiz and click the Start now button.
- Connect your Spotify accounts and other services you use (Tidal, Apple Music, etc.) by clicking on their icons in the menu on the left. Enter your credentials and you will be able to see all the information for those platforms in the main menu.
- Once the different platforms are connected, click on the Import playlist button in the upper right corner.
- Select the import method: via a file, plain text, or by linking the playlist, the latter is the option chosen for this example.
- Paste the link from the Spotify playlist you want to pass.
- Select the songs in the playlist you want to import.
- Enter the title and description you want to give the playlist to the new service.
- Select the destination music streaming service, in our case Tidal. After playing on it, the import process starts automatically, the duration of which will depend on the number of songs in the playlist you are about to transfer. When it’s over, you will be able to listen to the playlist on the new platform.
Quick and easy, this is the process of transferring Spotify playlists, either to another account on the same platform or to another music service.