Probably, after years of use of the same profile, we realized that we wanted to delete permanently your Instagram account to take a break from social life or just to be able to open a new one. Maybe, before taking the tragic step, you realize that you just want to temporarily disable the profile or want to download all the photos it contains. In the myriad of settings that the service provides, these types of options may seem hidden or difficult to access. So let’s see how to reach the goal quickly, easily and intuitively.
How to backup photos
Back up from Instagram
Before permanently unsubscribing from the social network, it can be a good move to download all the photos posted on the profile to avoid any second thoughts. Let’s see how to do that from PC:
- Link to this link and log in by entering the credentials;
- Click on next and then on Request for download;
- Open your e-mail box and wait for an e-mail from Instagram to arrive.
Otherwise, if you prefer to use the application you need:
- Open the app and go to your profile;
- Access the settings and scroll down to the Search for data download;
- Click on the option, confirm the requested data and wait for the e-mail.
The e-mail could arrive in a variable time, from a few minutes to several days, depending on the number of photos on the profile. To download the photos just click on the link and download the archive.
Back up from 4K Stogram
4K Stogram can be considered a real blessing. This software, available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux, allows you to download all the photos on a profile in the blink of an eye. To do this it is necessary you:
- First, download and install 4K Stogram according to your OS;
- Open the program and enter your username in the search bar;
- Click on Subscribe / Subscription to start downloading photos and videos.
The download of the files will start automatically and will have by default the folder Images> 4K Stogram. Nothing could be simpler.
How to deactivate the account
Deactivating the account requires more patience and more attention, but following the instructions carefully will not be that difficult. Just enough:
- Access Instagram from a PC and go to your profile;
- Click on Edit profile on the top right and click on Temporarily disable my account that can be found at the bottom of the page;
- Confirm the procedure and at this point, the game is done.
To reactivate the account, simply access the profile and confirm that you want to reactivate it. It is advisable to proceed with caution as this procedure is only possible once a week.
How to cancel the account permanently
If you are really determined to get rid of your profile, maybe after you have backed up, then you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Connect to this link;
- Log in using your credentials;
- Enter the reason why you are deciding to delete the account;
- Confirm the operation by entering the password.
All data, including likes, photos, comments, and chats will be immediately and irreversibly deleted. You will not even be able to register using the same username and the same e-mail.