Your phone goes slow, consumes a lot of battery, turns off suddenly or does not go as before, here we are with the complete guide on how to reset Huawei. How to reset or factory reset a Huawei phone. Over the years it has become normal for the phone to slow down or lose speed due to the amount of data and files stored on it. This, in turn, can cause some functions to a malfunction or the way they normally work.
Due to viruses and junk files, in addition to cache and files, the phone may also have errors. What to do in these cases? Instead of rushing to switch phones because you think it no longer has a useful life, you can restore it or reset it to factory settings.
These are the reasons why in this article we will talk about how to reset a Huawei device. Performing a restore on the device can speed up the phone, as it deletes all the data and files that are no longer useful and leaves the phone in factory condition, i.e. clean and light, without any files.
For this reason, it is always good to make a backup of your Android device, if you do not know how to do it read this guide. In this article, you will learn some information about what happens after performing a hard reset, what to know before performing this action, and, finally, how to do it on your Huawei phone.
What is a hard reset and what should you know before doing it?
When we talk about a hard reset, it refers to a total reset of a device to its factory settings. In other words, applications and files such as music, images, videos, documents, or any other type of files are deleted and the phone returns to its original state.
This is of great help in bringing your device back to the same speed and space as at the beginning. Now, what should you know before resetting your phone?
As mentioned above, all files on the device are deleted when restoring. Therefore, if you want to save the files, you need to make a backup copy, upload it to the cloud, or send it to the memory card.
In addition, the phone must have at least 50% battery to have no interruptions during the process. If it is discharged, it is very likely that the phone can be seriously damaged. So make sure of the charge percentage before running the process.
Complete guide on how to reset Huawei
There are several types of recovery. In this article, you will learn at least two of them. The first is to restore the factory settings from the smartphone settings. And the second, on how to perform a hard reset with the Recovery method.
How to reset Huawei from smartphone settings
To use this method you just have to follow these simple steps that you will see below
- Taking into account the fact that the phone must have at least 50%, it is necessary to find the “Settings”.
- In the Settings tab, find and press on the “Backup and reset” option, then select “Factory data reset”.
- Finally, select the “Reset device” option and the recovery process will begin immediately. You need to wait a few minutes until the phone restarts and voila, done.
How to reset Huawei from Recovery
In the case of this method, it is applied when the phone does not turn on, we do not remember the key or the lock sequence or when the previous method is simply not enough.
- Again, we make sure that the phone has at least 50% battery.
- Press and hold the “Power On/Off + Volume Up” buttons simultaneously until the Reset menu appears.
- Once there, select the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option by scrolling with the volume buttons and selecting with the on/off button.
- After that you will be confirmed, then you must select the “Wipe Data” option again using the volume buttons.
- At this point, the device recovery process will begin. The time required varies according to the number of files on the phone.
Once completed, the process will redirect you to the Recovery menu. There you will choose the “Reboot System Now” option. After a few minutes, you will have your brand new phone. Now you just have to configure your phone from the beginning.
So what do you think of the guide on how to reset a Huawei device, it was simple wasn’t it?