Samsung Galaxy J3 owners will testify to the fact that it is so common to not remember the device’s password which will eventually require a reset of the phone for recovery.
We are all human, and forgetting important stuff once in a while is inevitable.
The most rampant way to reset the password on your Galaxy J3 is by using the hard factory reset method. This will get rid of all your files and data and will take the phone back to how you purchased it. Therefore, it would be wise to back it up.
In this tutorial, we will highlight different ways to reset the lock screen password on your Galaxy J3 when you discover that you’ve been locked out.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Factory Reset Your Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge?
How Can I Do A Password Reset With The Android Device Manager?
The Android Device Manager can help you reset the password as long as your Galaxy J3 is registered with it. To use the Android Device Manager for resetting the password, you have to enable the “Lock” feature.
The Lock feature on the Android Device Manager lets you force the Galaxy J3 password to reset when you cannot remember the password on your device. Below is how you can reset your device’s password with Android Device Manager:
- Head to the Android Device Manager from a PC.
- Locate your Galaxy J3 smartphone on the display.
- Activate “Lock and erase.”
- After that, adhere to the instructions on the page to lock your device.
- Make use of a temporary password.
- Type the temporary password into your device to bypass the lock screen.
- Then create a new password.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to Take a Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S9
How Can I Reset Any Password With Samsung Find My Mobile?
Another way to tackle the problem is by making use of Samsung’s Find My Mobile. This feature works like Find My iPhone. The Remote Controls feature can be used on your Galaxy J3. It will give you the opportunity to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the Samsung Galaxy J3.
As soon as you are done, you will be able to change your password.
Are you yet to register your Galaxy J3 with Samsung? Make sure you do that asap as it will give you the benefits other unregistered users will not have access to.
This is how to you can go about it:
- Get your Galaxy J3 registered with Samsung.
- Make use Of the Find My Mobile service to temporarily reset the password.
- Find your way around the lock screen, making use of the new temporary password.
- Create a new password.