It’s a new device and you know this, but you’ve decided to customize it, and you also know that to install a custom ROM or a MOD you first need to do the Root. Now you are looking for a guide to root Huawei P20 Lite with Magisk, well then continue reading the tutorial. Huawei has recently introduced a series of devices in the new P20 series and these are the first Huawei phones to be released with the notch. In this guide, we’ll tell you how you can easily root Huawei P20 Lite with Magisk. This guide will work with the ANE-LX1, ANE-L01 and ANE-L21 models.
Huawei is one of the fastest-growing Android manufacturers at the moment. We all know how the Chinese manufacturer’s entry into the United States has unfortunately been knocked down (by other manufacturers?), Huawei has no intention of stopping for this. They have unveiled device after device with many new features, both hardware, and software. The latest addition to this line-up is the Huawei P20 series. Read below to learnhow to root Huawei P20 Lite with Magisk.
Huawei P20 Lite is one of the devices of the Huawei P20 family. Huawei P20 Lite is powered by an Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor. A 4 GB RAM and Mali-T830 MP2 graphics processor ensure that the phone runs smoothly even with applications that require more memory, without showing any sign of delay.
The phone has 64 GB of internal memory which can be expanded to 256 GB via a microSD card. The phone has a large 3000 mAh battery to support its 5.8-inch screen with an IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 2280 at 432 PPI. The screen is also protected by a resistant scratch-resistant glass.
- The root of your Huawei P20 Lite requires the unlocked bootloader. You can follow this guide: Guide to unlock Huawei P20 Lite Bootloader. It’s mainly for P20 but the procedure is the same.
- The installation of the TWRP is very complex. Make sure you make a complete backup of the device before proceeding. Guide: Guide for Android device backup without root
- Make sure you have enough battery on your device.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC.
- Huawei P20 Lite Patched ramdisk image: patched_ramdisk.img
How to root Huawei P20 Lite with Magisk
- You must have unlocked the Huawei P20 Lite Bootloader.
- Start your Huawei P20 Lite in Fastboot mode:
- Turn the phone off.
- Connect the USB cable to the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume down button, connect the other end of the USB cable to the PC.
- The device will now be in Fastboot mode.
- Download patched_ramdisk.img from the download section above.
- Copy the file to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed on the PC. Probably this should be the ” C: adb ‘folder. The ADB and Fastboot folder can always be found in the ‘C:
- Open a command prompt window inside the ADB and Fastboot folder: Hold down the Shift + Right-click > Select Open command window here.
- Run the command below to see if your device is properly connected in Fastboot Mode:
If your device is properly connected, you will see a message along with your device ID.
- Now, run the following command to run the root of Huawei P20 Lite:
fastboot flash ramdisk patched_ramdisk.img
- Once the installation process is complete, you can restart the device by running the following command:
Done! Congratulations. You have now successfully run the Huawei P20 Lite root with Magisk.