In this guide, we will be showing you how to root Xiaomi Pocophone F1. But first, we will have to unlock the bootloader of the device and Install TWRP Recovery before proceeding to root the device.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 is one of the recently most talked about device. Why? Because it is currently the cheapest phone with the Snapdragon 845 processor. Personally, I don’t see any other device being as cheap in the nearest future, but I’m starting to digress. If you want to root Xiaomi Pocophone F1, you should know that doing that voids the warranty of the device. There is also a possibility of bricking the device if you do not follow the steps carefully.
Before we begin, you’ll need to download some files we will be needing for this tutorial. The files have been listed below:
Once you have downloaded the above files and have ADB and FastBoot Up and Running on your PC (Don’t have it ? See our guide on how to set it up), then we can begin.
How To Unlock Xiaomi Pocophone Bootloader
Make sure you create a backup of your important files before following the below steps just in case.
- Open the Settings Menu and Go to About Phone.
- Tap On MiUI Version repeatedly for like 6 to 10 times to open the Developer Options.
- Now go back to the Settings Menu and Click on the Developer Options.
- From here, you can Turn On USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Once that is done, Head to The MiUI Website [http://en.miui.com/unlock/] and Click on Unlock Now.
- You’ll be presented with a form to fill. Fill the form accordingly, Log in to your Mi Account and Click on Apply Now.
- You’ll then have to wait for about 2-4 days tops for Xiaomi to unlock the bootloader for you.
Alternatively, you can use the Mi Flash Tool if you don’t like the idea of waiting for about 4 days for your bootloader to be unlocked. To do that, follow the steps below.
- Download The Mi Flash Tool, Extract its contents, Run the .exe File on your PC and Sign In to your MI Account.
- Pick up your Pocophone F1 and LogIn to your Mi Account also.
- Still, on your phone, Go to Settings >> Mi Unlock Status >> Add Account & Device and make sure you’re logged In.
- Now Connect the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 to your PC using the USB Cable.
- Put the device into the fasboot mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down Button and Power Button at the same time.
- Once you’ve successfully put the phone in too fasboot mode, Click on the Unlock Button on your PC to begin the process.
- Once it is done, reboot your device and your bootloader has been unlocked.
How To Install TWRP On Xiaomi Pocophone F1
- Download The Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Recovery Image and rename it to “recovery.img”
- Plug in your phone to your PC and transfer the newly renamed “recovery.img” to your ADB and FastBoot Folder on your PC.
- Still, on the ADB and FastBoot Folder, Press Shift+Right Click and Select Open Command Window Here.
- Enter the following Command: adb reboot bootloader and Hit Enter.
- Now Enter this command: fasboot flash recovery.img and hit Enter.
You’ve successfully installed TWRP; The only thing left now is to root Xiaomi Pocophone F1 which is the next and final step.
How To Root Xiaomi Pocophone F1
- Press and Hold the Volume Up Button and Power Button Simultaneously to get to the Recovery Mode.
- Once you get to the Recovery Mode, Select Install and Choose the SuperSu File you Downloaded.
- Swipe to flash the SuperSU file, Once it is done flashing, Reboot and your Phone is Rooted.
That’s how to root Xiaomi Pocophone F1, Unlock the bootloader of the device also install TWRP.