With the help of iCloud, Apple can transfer your iPhone contact to Mac; this transfer is done just once. Whenever you transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac, you can access those contacts via the web, even though you don’t have your iPhone with you. In this article, we will see how you can successfully transfer contacts from your iPhone to Mac.
There are two places to save your iPhone contacts to a Mac, which are “Mac Address Book” and as a "Vcard On a Local Drive On Your Mac.”
How To Save Contacts As a Vcard File
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in.
- Select “contacts” click on the button at the bottom left side of the screen, if you want to export one contact.
- Select the contact and then click on export Vcard at the bottom left side of the screen, and that one contact will be downloaded into the download folder.
- If you want to select all your contact, all you have to do is to click the "menu button" at the bottom left side of the screen.
- Click on "select all," at this point, all your contact appears, select the whole contacts, then take your cursor to the menu bar.
- Click on “export the Vcard” and all will be downloaded to your download folder.
How To Save your iPhone Contact To The Mac Address Book
To do this, you need to:
- Set up Icloud on your computer and you do that through system preferences.
- Make sure that your contacts are turned on.
- Click on settings, go to Icloud and click on it, at this point, verify that all your contacts are turned on.
- Log in to icloud.com and click on contact, to see the contact, any change you made to contact on your phone would reflect on contacts on icloud.com. Add an email to that contact on your phone and if I cloud didn’t find the mail, reload the tap, then those contacts will be transferred to Icloud.
Tips On How To Save Contacts From iPhone To Mac Directly
If you don’t want to use Icloud to transfer contacts to mac, follow these procedures
Step 1: you can use a program known as ”DR FONE FOR IOS” from Wondershare to download and install the program, and you run the phone on mac.
Step 2: connect the mac to your phone with the phones USB cable.
Step3: click on “recover from IOS device” and then click “start” to start scanning the file.
Step 4: it takes some time, so you have to exercise patience, once is done it displays the list of all your contacts, select those contact you wish to export to your Mac by clicking it.
Step 5: click on “export to PC” once this is done, those contacts will be exported from your phone down to the mac.
Step 6: then save it on the desktop.
If you want to view the names, you exported down to your Mac. Simple click on the folder you stored it in your desktop, double click on it and open it, indeed all those contacts you marked on your phone has been transferred down to your mac.