In this tutorial we will see how to send or delete a private Instagram message in Windows 10, start by reading the article. Learning how to send or delete a private Instagram message in Windows 10 can be useful if you don’t have a smartphone or another way to access the app. Unlike Facebook and Twitter, Instagram restricts users to publish and participate if they are connected via a computer.
From instagram.com, you can usually scroll through your feeds and access the latest posts, but you don’t have the ability to upload photos or view stories, as well as the option to use the direct messaging service.
What happens if you constantly work on a computer? Do you want to use the Instagram DM service on your PC or Mac computer? Take it easy. In this guide, we will teach you the ways or ways to send or delete a private Instagram message in Windows 10.
How to send or delete a private Instagram message in Windows 10
Instagram now has an application in the Windows Store, which allows you to send photos and videos as direct messages, as well as being able to send and delete direct messages from the desktop.
You can download this free Instagram app for Windows, log in to your Instagram account to address the message on your computer.
- Get the free Instagram app for Windows in the Windows App Store.
- Install and start the application on your Windows PC, then access it.
- Touch the “Direct message” icon and select the message you want to view or delete.
- To check your messages, press the arrow icon, and go to the conversation section to view them.
Note: this is the easiest and most convenient method to address the message to someone on Instagram from your computer, but the downside is that it is only available to Windows 10 users.
1. Use a third-party app for Instagram DM
There are many third-party applications that can be used to access Instagram on your computer.
An example is IG: dm, a free and open-source project to send or delete a private Instagram message from the desktop.
It is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Just download the correct version from its official website and complete the installation process.
Once the installation is complete, you will be directed to a window with a search tab. There, you can search for any Instagram user and start a conversion.
2. How to send or delete a private Instagram message: use Bluestacks for Windows / Mac
Then you can log in with a Google account and install Instagram on the virtual Android device.
You can then send or delete a private Instagram message on Windows 10 (7 or 8) or Mac.
- Download Bluestacks from its official website, install it, and start it on your computer.
- Sign in with your Google Account and click on the “Right Arrow” located at the bottom right of the screen.
- Once finished, you will be redirected to the Bluestacks control panel. Then go to the Google Play Store, search for and download the Instagram app.
- Next, open the Instagram app and log in to your account. Then click on “Instagram Direct” and select the desired conversation to view or delete private messages.
3. Extra tip: how to download Instagram videos on PC / Mac
In the main part of the article are the methods of sending or deleting a private Instagram message in Windows 10 or with another operating system.
Also, there are times when you come across funny videos on Instagram and want to save Instagram videos on your computer.
Well, it’s as easy as eating a slice of cake. On your PC or Mac, you can do this with a third-party video download tool.
Fucosoft Video Converter can help you download Instagram videos to your computer with simple steps.
You can also download videos from Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other sources.
In addition, this tool allows you to convert downloaded videos to other popular formats, crop videos, add watermarks, add subtitles, and much more. Feel free to download and try it out.