How to Set Up HomePod using Your iPhone or iPad
2018 is expected to be a monumental year for the smart speaker industry. And with the release of Apple’s HomePod, the forecast seems to be well and truly heading towards the right direction! Talking about the process involved in setting up an Apple HomePod, it is very straightforward and easy as well thanks to the proximity-based setup system that was introduced with AirPods and W1 chip.
There are certain important requirements needed for setting up Apple HomePod. Read on learn more about how it is done.
How to Setup HomePod Using Your iPhone and iPad
- Your iOS device must be running iOS 11.2.5 or later.
- You need to keep your iPhone or iPad within close range of your HomePod.
- Make sure to enable iCloud Keychain and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID.
When that is all done, proceed to follow the steps below:
- When your iPhone or iPad and HomePod are close, a card will come up on your iOS device asking you if you would like to set up HomePod.
- Next, you need to type in the passcode. There are two different methods you can use to get this done.
- While the first way is with the iOS device listening to a special tone made by the HomePod, the second method is to use Siri to have a four-digit code, which you need to enter yourself on your iPhone or iPad.
- Once you are done with the initial pairing, you will see HomeKit part of the setup.
- Now, you need to choose the house and room your HomePod will be placed.
- Next up, you need to select the language of Siri language selection. You will also need to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now, you need to set up iCloud and iTunes account.
Your iCloud account and Wi-Fi networks will automatically be transferred to the HomePod.
You can use the Home app on your iPhone or iPad to change them later.
You can define HomePod as part of a stereo system. This feature is available in iOS 11.3 which is currently in beta).
That is all!
Now, you can go on and make the most of the Siri-enable smart speaker to control your home devices, play music and perform many other actions.
Your thoughts on HomePod, Apple’s Smart Speaker?
Personally, I am very happy and excited for the HomePod. I believe that this speaker will make the smart speaker industry more competitive. The duopoly of Amazon Echo and Google Home will be challenged and eventually, it is the consumers that will benefit the most. So what do you think about HomePod and the fast emerging market of smart speakers? Share your thoughts in the comments section below. Also feel free to ask whatever questions you have in the comments.