How To Set Your Google Account To Delete Itself After Your Death?
If you are Google Maps user or you use Search and other Google products regularly, it is possible that the company has several information about you saved on it’s servers.
You are allowed to set some options, which includes giving control to your better half, anyone close to you, or getting rid of everything after your death or when you have not used it for a specific period of time.
This is how to inform Google about what needs to be done with your private info if you quit using Google products for a particular amount of time, like of death comes calling.
- Head to myaccount.google.com
- Click “Data & personalization.”
- Swipe down and choose “Make a plan for your account.”
- Tap “Start.”
Google will allow you decide on what it should do if you no longer use it’s service.
You Might Also Want To Read: Transfer Google Play Music Playlists To YouTube Music
Therefore, do this:
- Decide on how long Google should hold on after suspecting you have been totally inactive. The default is 3 months of doing nothing, but you are allowed to set it to hold on for about eighteen months. Google has said it will contact you via emails and SMSes till the time is due, before rendering your account null and void.
- Enter your contact phone number for Google to contact you with via SMS before deleting your account.
- Ensure your contact email and recovery email are right.
- Tap next.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Use Google Maps To Assist Someone To Find You?
After that, you will be allowed to set up who will be able to access your info, or manage your accounts and what will be visible to people after you stopped using Google, or after death.
- Type in about ten contacts that Google will call you on after it detects that you’ve abandoned your Google account. You will also select the data that will not be restricted, which includes everything from your contacts to Chrome history, Gmail, Google Photos e.t.c. They will be able to view the data for 3 months after your account is no longer active. We will advice you to choose a better half, or a very trusted friend, because your choice will able to view everything.
- You can also create an auto-reply that will instantly be sent from your Gmail account when it has been rendered inactive. Here, a message can be stored to reveal that you stopped using Gmail, or that you are dead. (You can decide to send this message only to your contacts, to ensure spam accounts do not receive anything from you.)
- Tap Next.
- Lastly, you can choose If you need your account to be automatically deleted when it has not been active and after a contact has accessed and recovered whatever they needed to save. Google’s website revealed that this includes publication shared info such as YouTube clips.
- Tap “Review Plan.”
- Click “Confirm Plan.”
Doing this means you have officially set up your Google account to automatically get to work when you are dead and quit using it – or if you simply let go of all Google’s services and did not manually get rid of your account.