In other for you to be able to send text messages across to premium numbers, you need to ensure that this is allowed by your device. To check if your device supports this feature, follow the below steps:
- From the Home screen go to Applications by clicking on Settings then Apps
- Click on App Manager
- Click on the Menu icon
- Click on Special access.
- Click on Use Premium text message services.
- Now click on the application then choose the Always allow option.
Once you have completed this, then try sending a premium text message now and it should work successfully. But if the issue still occurs then move to the additional steps listed below.
Perform a Soft Reset
You will need to first carry out a soft reset. This is generally done when the device is indifferent or when it goes through a minor software malfunction as its software will be restarted again.
- Tap and hold the Power button and the Volume down button for up to 15 seconds.
- Wait as the phone starts again.
In case your device model has a battery that can be removed then simply remove the battery and click and hold the power key for about 1 minute. Now put the battery back and then turn on the device.
If this doesn’t still work, then move to the other step.
Clear the cache and data of the text messaging application
Sometimes, damaged data can be stored in the messaging application and this can cause the problem. To clear off this bad data you need to follow the steps below.
- Click the Apps icon.
- Click Settings.
- Click Applications.
- Click the desired app in the default list or click on the Menu icon then you will see> Show system applications to display preinstalled application.
- Click Storage.
- Click Clear data and then Click OK.
- Click Clear cache
If this doesn’t still work, then move to the other step
Wipe the cache partition of the device
You may experience cases when the damaged data of the device software can get damaged which can result in problems occurring on the phone. The best thing to do in this case is to wipe the cache partition of the device from the recovery mode.
- Switch off the device.
- Click and hold the Volume Up buttons and Home button.
- Click and hold the Power Button until the phone vibrates, then leave it. Keep Clicking the Volume Up button and Home buttons the entire time.
- When you can see the Android Recovery display, leave the Volume Up and Home buttons.
- Make use of the Volume buttons to move down to Wipe cache partition, then make use of the Power button to choose it.
- Make use of the Volume buttons to scroll down to Yes, and then use the Power button to choose it.
- Use the Volume buttons to move down to Reboot the system, and then use the Power button to choose it.