Maybe you are looking to free up space on an iPhone and need to back up photos and videos on your Mac before deleting them. Maybe you want to store your photos somewhere other than your iPhone, edit them using Mac software, copy them to someone else’s Mac, or upload them to a website. Whatever the reason, this tutorial will show you several ways you can transfer photos from iPhone to MAC.
There are actually many ways to import photos from iPhone to MAC and you can do it using a variety of apps and services. We will talk about how to download photos from iPhone to MAC using a cable. If you are wondering how to copy photos from iPhone to MAC, don’t ask yourself again. This step by step guide will show you how to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to MAC using a USB cable
If you want to know how to download photos from iPhone to MAC, please follow the steps described below:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac with a USB cable. You may need to unlock your iOS device by entering your iPhone password. If this is your first time using this iPhone with this computer, you will need to select “Trust” when asked if you trust this computer. Note: Make sure you have the latest version of the iTunes app on your Mac computer.
- Open the Image Capture app on your Mac. This is a free application pre-installed on all modern Macs.
- Select the device name in the sidebar.
- To save to a location, click the drop-down menu under “Import to”. This drop-down menu is located at the bottom of the window. If you don’t see the folder you want to import into, click More at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- To transfer all photos, click “Import All”. If you only want to transfer a few photos, select the photos, and click Import.
Wait for all photos to download before disconnecting your iPhone from the Mac. If you have used an SD card, safely eject the reader or card before disconnecting the iPhone.
Don’t have a USB cable handy? Find out how to import your photos wirelessly with iCloud by clicking this link.
Still need more detailed instructions on how to transfer pictures from your iPhone to a computer?