Today we will guide you on how to unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Go. To run the flash or root and even install a custom ROM you need to unlock the bootloader on the device. Now you can easily unlock the bootloader by following this simple guide. To root your device, you first need to unlock the bootloader, then install a custom recovery and finally switch to root.
At the end of the guide, you will find the other two operations collected in a single article, that is, how to install a customized TWRP recovery on Redmi Go and how to receive the permissions as root user on Redmi GO. The guides have been tested by us before, so they should be free of errors. If you find any kind of error during the process to unlock the bootloader on Redmi Go talk about it in the comment box or on our Facebook page.
The procedure seems to be difficult, but it is not, even those who have never performed such a procedure can reach the end of this tutorial. Unblocking the Xiaomi Redmi Go Bootloader will also void the device warranty. I warn you that by unlocking the device's bootloader you can void the warranty. We at TecHLecToR are not responsible if your device is damaged during the unlocking procedure.
How to unlock Xiaomi Redmi Go Bootloader requirements
- To unlock the Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Go, you need a laptop or PC.
- Charge Xiaomi Redmi Go at a sufficient battery level to avoid sudden stops during the process.
- We strongly advise you to perform a complete full backup of your personal data, including internal memory. Your phone will be formatted, so be prepared for this. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same.
- A USB cable is required to connect the phone to the PC.
Required files on your PC:
- You need to download ADB and Fastboot Tools on your PC and extract it
- Download the Mi Flash Unlock tool
- Download the Xiaomi USB drivers
How to unlock Xiaomi Redmi Go's Bootloader
- First of all, you need to enable the developer option and enable USB debugging on Xiaomi Redmi Go.
- Activate the OEM unlock status on your Xiaomi Redmi Go now.
- Now you can download Mi Flash Unlock Tool and extract the zip file
- Open MiFlashUnlock from the folder you extracted
- Click on Accept
- You will now be asked to log in. Log in with your Mi account, if you don't have one then Register - CLICK HERE to sign up
- After logging in, the validation process will start and the message "The device is not supported" will be displayed. Do not worry! Now click on the "Go" button and the page http://en.miui.com/unlock/ will appear.
- You will see a blue screen on the page with the text UNLOCK YOUR MI
- Click on the Unlock Now button
- In the browser you will be asked to log in again with the Mi account, then log in and fill in your data with your mobile number
- You will receive an OTP for verification on your phone.
- Enter the OTP number in the browser to complete the procedure.
- You have to wait until your application is accepted.
- Once your request is approved, you will again receive an OTP in your registered phone number.
- Now confirm the OTP number on the unlock screen
- You're almost done. Now you will have the possibility to unlock your device from Mi Unlock Tool
- Open the Mi Unlock tool from the extracted folder and you should now be allowed to unlock the phone.
- Once the phone is connected, the Unlock button will become active.
- Just click Unblock and the bootloader will be unlocked.
- You have finally unlocked the bootloader.
I hope this guide was useful to unlock the Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Go. If you have questions or comments, leave a comment below.