PlayStation 4 or as its acronym identifies it PS4, is a digital entertainment system, it is the sixth time that Sony enters the video game market using this console. In turn, it should be noted that it has a wide range of features, options, and possibilities for better operation. In addition, it is the fourth desktop console developed by Sony Computer Entertainment.
Likewise, this new system allows you to save captures and videos recorded on USB through the front ports. So you can bring them to your computer, also, you can share these acquisitions and videos on your Facebook profile, all you have to do is configure it so that only you can see them.
However! Starting from this, it should be stressed that one of the things of great importance in PS4 (PlayStation 4) is knowing how to use a keyboard and mouse to play. In this way, we will have a better experience during the game.
How to use a keyboard and mouse to play on PlayStation 4?
Initially, it should be noted that PS4 or PlayStation 4 allows keyboard and mouse connectivity to play. For this reason, it is important to understand how these two elements can be used if you ever need them, so we will show you the steps to follow.
It is important to remember that PS4 allows you to use keyboards and mice in two ways, connected via USB and Bluetooth. So if you have one of these two connection options, you won’t have any problems.
How to use keyboard and mouse to play on PlayStation 4 via USB port
- So the first thing you need to do is connect the device, keyboard, and mouse to an available USB port on the front of the PS4.
- If everything goes correctly, the PS4 will recognize the connected device and then ask you who will be using it. So you just have to choose the profile you want to associate with the device.
- After connecting, you can use the keyboard and be able to scroll through the menus of the PS4 console, in addition, you can enter text, browse the Internet and much more.
It should also be noted that you can change the type of keyboard (language), you just have to enter the configuration, choose the devices, and finally select an external keyboard. Furthermore, from there you can change the delay and the repetition speed of the key.
In turn, if the speed and delay of the key are set to (normal), the settings should not be changed unless necessary. Since these are specific keyboard settings.
Later, to use the mouse you just have to connect it is very simple and the PS4 recognizes it automatically. So you can use it normally since there is no type of configuration for its use.
Keyboard and mouse can be easily used with the PS4 console
It is important to know that the mouse and keyboard do not need additional configuration to be able to use them. In addition, the mouse has several parameters that can be adjusted on the PS4 system itself. You just have to configure the settings, search for the device, and select where the mouse is located.
In this section, I will find some parameters that are editable and where it says “type” it is possible to identify between left and right, in addition to the speed of the pointer. But generally, these are in “normal”.
How to use keyboard and mouse to play on PlayStation 4 via Bluetooth
Also, if you have a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse, the procedure is slightly different regarding the USB connection, you just have to follow a few steps, which are:
- First, you have to turn on the Bluetooth keyboard or mouse, then you have to go to PS4 and look for where it says “settings” select the “Devices” section and click on “Bluetooth devices”.
- From then on, the console automatically starts the search process to identify nearby Bluetooth devices. Then you need to continue with the pairing process in the normal way and enter the passcode if necessary.
- After PS4 has recognized the new device, it will ask you who is using it, and this is where you have to choose the profile you want to associate with the device. Also at the end of these steps, you can scroll through the PS4 menus and start using them to play games and more.