As new consoles keep getting released this year, the Xbox One is definitely one legendary gaming system we will not forget in a hurry. It was launched in late 2013, but it obviously has its own flaws that gamers keep complaining about.
One of these issues is its transparency problem and a lot of us are still confused as to how we can know how many hours we have spent playing individual games on it. Other companies like Valve, however, break down these stats impressively.
Microsoft also tries to make viewing the time played easy for gamers, however, other game developers might make things hard for users to see. Only specific games will reveal the exact hours played, and you will need to use your brain for others. See How To View Hours Played On Xbox One:
How To View Hours Played On My Xbox One?
Some people might feel it is more than a coincidence that hours played are tough to discover on Xbox One, but that is not true. Microsoft might just prefer to not show these numbers since it will expose how addictive some gamers are.
As you already know, gaming could be fun, but it could also be an addiction if the person involved is not careful. The truth is that adult and younger gamers often have concerns about the time they allocate to gaming, so they always feel the need to tread carefully.
How Can I View Hours Played On Xbox One?
- Boot up your Xbox One. Locate the game you need to check the hours played on the home screen for. Or, you can use “My Games” and “Apps” menu. Highlight the game’s icon.
- Use the hamburger menu key on your controller to access the App menu. Then head to “Go To Official Club.”
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Play Music On Your Xbox One While Playing Games
- Swipe left or right to access the Progress tab on the new screen that will be visible.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Fix All Netflix Issues On Xbox One
You will find yourself under “Achievements.” Swipe down and choose “Stats.” The Stats tab will reveal the total hours played and some other fun game stats. Here, you can tap “Compare with Friends” and view who spent more hours playing this game. If you see no stats, the game data might not be updated or it might not support the feature.
How Can I View Hours Played Via The XBOX One App?
If you are on the go or if you are a parent who needs this for his or her kids, the XBOX application can be useful too. You can download it for free in the App Store or Google Play Store and it provides some details for interested users.
To view time played from the app, adhere to these instructions:
- Download and get yourself logged in to the XBOX application.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click “Achievements.”
- Click on the game you would want to view.
- Swipe down to “Time Played.”
That is that.