How to view Amazon Prime Video with Chromecast: Online streaming sites are becoming very popular these days. Amazon Prime Video is another admired and trendy video streaming service. The Amazon Prime Video app offers you lots of movies and trendy shows. Now that Amazon Prime Video offers many new movies and series, many of us would like to launch the application on TV.
This can easily be done, in this post, we will explain the methods on how to view Amazon Prime Video with Chromecast, from a PC, laptop or smartphone. After reading this post you will be able to see Amazon Prime Video from your iPhone, iPad, Windows PC and even from an Android smartphone.
- 1 How do you play Amazon Prime videos?
- 2 Configure Chromecast to access Amazon Prime videos
- 3 How to view Amazon Prime Video with Chromecast
- 4 How to view Amazon Prime Video from an Android phone on Chromecast
- 4.1 How to watch Amazon Prime videos with Chromecast
- 5 How to watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromecast
- 6 Will Amazon Prime be officially supported on Chromecast in the future?
How do you play Amazon Prime videos?
You're still wondering how you can stream Amazon Prime videos to your TV using the Chromecast device. In the simplest way, it is possible to transmit the screen of the computer, of an Android device or iPhone on the TV.
Configure Chromecast to access Amazon Prime videos
Observing the requirements or the installation unit, first of all, it is necessary to have a computer / PC that supports the Google Chrome browser. It can be a Windows or MAC system. In addition to this, it is necessary to have Amazon Prime Membership. Finally, your computer and Chromecast should share the same network.
How to view Amazon Prime Video with Chromecast
Most web users use the Google Chrome browser to browse the Internet. If you use another browser, download the Google Chrome browser. Next, install it on your Mac, PC or tablet and get ready to watch any video on your TV.
Therefore, by following these steps you can stream Amazon videos to your Chromecast device. This can be done by adding the Chromecast extension of Google Chrome. Even if it is available in beta mode, you can still connect your PC to the TV connected to Chromecast.
DONT MISS: How to install Chromecast on your TV
Step 1- To begin with; open the Google Chrome browser on your computer. Now install the Google Cast extension on it. After adding the Chrome extension, you can now find the Google Cast icon on the browser bar.
Step 2: Now use the Chrome browser; browse the Amazon.com website to use your Amazon Prime account.
Step 3: On the home page, click on the "Prime" drop-down menu. Then go down and choose the Watch option.
Step 4: In case you created the list, simply browse through the shows and movies. Or find your favorite videos and create a new list you would like to see. Finally, select them.
Step 5: Select a specific video and it will start playing in the Chrome browser. Pause the video for a few minutes because now you need to broadcast the videos using the Chromecast device.
Step 6: Go to the top right of the Google Chrome browser and look for the Chromecast icon.
Step 7: Now select the name of your Chromecast device from the list. Click on "Send this card" from the Cast drop-down menu to transmit the PC screen to the TV. Now you can see that your current Google Chrome tab is displayed on the TV connected to Chromecast.
Step 8: Now you will finally have Amazon Prime Video on your Chromecast device and you can simply play your favorite videos. Select videos from the library and then press the full-screen button to get a better experience.
How to view Amazon Prime Video from an Android phone on Chromecast
Now you know how to watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromecast, which allows you to simply play all your favorite videos from the created library. With the Google Home app, you can do the same thing.
Transmitting Amazon Prime videos to your Chromecast is not as good as streaming from your laptop or PC. But once you have installed the Amazon Prime Instant Video app on your Android device, following the steps below, playback will be performed easily.
This app can be installed and downloaded from the Amazon App Store as the Google Play Store does not support this app. Download and install Amazon Appstore for Android!
Step 1: Go to the main screen. And open the settings.
Step 2: Then open the Security tab.
Step 3: Also, scroll down a little and you will find the option Unknown sources. Tap the box to tick it.
This will allow the download of apps from applications other than the Google Play Store like Amazon.com.
How to watch Amazon Prime videos with Chromecast
Step 1: Once the Google Home app and Amazon Prime Instant Video app are installed on your device, open the Google Home app.
Step 2: Now click on the three-line menu button or the hamburger icon to display a scrolling menu. You will find these three points on the right side of the page.
Step 3: Tap the Send Screen option or audio button to view the list of all available Chromecast devices. Choose the name of the Chromecast device you want to broadcast. Google Home will start broadcasting the screen of your device on the TV and you will be able to watch videos on the big screen.
Step 4: Now, from the moment you have mirrored your Android device on the TV screen, you only need to browse through the Amazon Prime Video app you've installed on your device. You'll see that Amazon's videos are ideally resized on your TV screen. Just use your Android device as a remote control and watch what you want on the big screen.
In addition to this, you should make sure to enable automatic screen rotation on your Android device. This will make you experience a bigger video streaming. Although the videos will not be available in Full HD 1080p quality, they are still quite impressive.
In addition, you have some playback features like fast forward, rewind, zoom in and buttons for playback or pause.
MUST READ: How To Download Facebook Videos On PC
How to watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromecast
Is it possible to watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromecast using your iPhone, iPad, Android, PC or Mac? Streaming services are gaining popularity around the world. The wide range of TV programs, films, documentaries and the freedom to see them always and everywhere have involved companies like Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Of course, they are not free and require some technical know-how to get started, but that hasn't stopped people - especially the new generation - from passing on their favorite programs to their PCs or mobile devices and enjoying them.
The good news is that you don't need additional Amazon Prime streaming devices if you already have an Android TV or Chromecast device or simply a PC with a Chrome browser. By following a few simple steps you can stream your favorite Prime programs to your device at no extra cost. Here's how:
- Requirements: you need a Chromecast device and connect it to the PC or laptop connected to the same network and using Google's Chrome browser. This article assumes that you already have a Prime subscription because without it you cannot access Prime videos.
- From your Chrome browser, go to your Amazon Prime account on Amazon.com. After clicking on the Prime drop-down arrow, select Watch.
- The video you choose will start automatically unless you have a playlist. Pause the video while connecting it to the Chromecast device.
- In the Chrome browser, find the Chromecast icon in the upper right corner. After clicking on it, select your Chromecast device from the list. From the Cast drop-down menu to select the Cast tab.
- The video will start playing on the screen you have chosen for your Chromecast device.
- The Cast tab contains a number of options that you can use to set display preferences. First of all, you get three video qualities to choose from: Standard (480p), High (720p) or Extreme Quality (this is also 720p, but has a higher bitrate). To access the settings, you need to click on the Transmit button, then click on the "Settings" button (which looks like a gear). You can not only change the quality of the stream but also mute and reactivate the sound with the help of the volume button. Since there is no option on the Cast tab to adjust the volume level, you must use the TV remote control to do so.
Since Chromecast works for almost all smoking sites, you can broadcast any type of video with it, regardless of format or quality. To end the session, simply close the browser window or select Stop transmission from the Transmit button.
Will Amazon Prime be officially supported on Chromecast in the future?
Amazon does not intend to make Prime videos available on Android or Chromecast devices. Therefore, in the absence of compatible devices such as a Blu-Ray, Fire TV or smart TV, streaming Prime videos on Chromecast is your only hope.
In this article, we wrote how to view Amazon Prime Video with Chromecast!