The time to make use of your phone as a flashlight will always come, there is no two ways about that.
Phones like the Google Pixel or Pixel XL are not exempted. There will be that period when you will find yourself in a dark place and will have your phone in your hand and not the regular flashlight close to you. The Pixel or Pixel XL flashlight is not a LED Maglight replacement, definitely, but it is a massive alternative to assist you at that particular time.
Before, using the flashlight for a Google Pixel or Pixel XL smartphone required your downloading an app to enable it. A Pixel or Pixel XL Torch app is available for download, since Google adds a widget that will enable and disable the Pixel or Pixel XL flashlight. A widget is a tiny shortcut that you include in the home screen of Pixel or Pixel XL. It appears like a regular app icon and it will enable and disable the flashlight.
This article will highlight how you can use the Torch widget and easily make use of the flashlight feature on your Pixel or Pixel XL. See how it is done below:
- Power on your Google Pixel or Pixel XL.
- With your finger, press down on the home screen until the “Wallpapers,” “Widgets,” and “Home screen settings” options appear on the screen.
- Select “Widgets.”
- Check out all the widgets until you can view “Torch.”
- Select and hold “Torch” and have it moved to an open position on the home screen, same way you do it with every other application.
- When you have to access the flashlight on Pixel or Pixel XL to make use of it, just tap the “Torch” icon.
- To disable the flashlight, you can click on the icon once more or head to the notification settings to have the Torch disabled.
These guidelines should aid you to make use of the flashlight on your Google Pixel or Pixel XL from now on. If you plan to utilize the launcher to make use of the flashlight on a Pixel or Pixel XL, the process to get that done is identical to this one, the only difference is some of the widgets can be in various locations.