Apple launched Apple Music 4 years ago. Amazon Alexa did not support it immediately after its launch but as the years rolled by, that eventually happened.
As at the 6th of April, 2019, today, Apple Music functions with Alexa and supports Android phones beginning from the OS version 4.3. Lets touch on how you can link Apple Music with Alexa, how to ensure it is the default music service, and then how it can be unlinked from Alexa.
What Is Needed
There are lots of things you need before you can rock your favorite jams via Apple Music through your Amazon Echo. These things are:
- You must set up Amazon Alexa on your phone or tab. iOS and Android are supported.
- You must ensure you are subscribed to Apple Music. It works with Android and iOS phones.
- You must be in the US. Apple Music is not allowed in other nations.
Link Apple Music And Alexa
First and foremost, you will need to connect the Alexa application on your Amazon Echo with Apple Music. Adhere to these instructions to aid the connection of your Apple Music and Alexa.
- Open the Amazon Alexa application on your phone or tab.
- Click Menu on Amazon Alexa’s main screen. (the sandwich icon with triple horizontal lines).
- Head to “Alexa Preferences” and click on the tab.
- After that, click “Music.”
- In Music, locate and click “Link New Service.”
- Then, select Apple Music by clicking on it.
- Click “Enable To Use.”
- Adhere to the app’s guidelines and sign yourself in with your Apple identification. If the sign in process is being carried out on a brand new phone, you will need verification of your identity with 2-step verification – your Apple ID password and a 6-digit code.
Or, you can include the Apple Music skill to your phone’s Alexa on alexa.amazon.com.
Make Apple Music Your Default Music Service
Anyone that adores Apple Music can make it the default music service on their Amazon Echo speakers. Go through this simple guidelines if you want to skip voicing out “on Apple Music” each time you intend to listen to a tune or play your favorite podcast.
- Open the Amazon Alexa application by clicking its icon.
- Click Menu. It can be found in the upper-right corner.
- After that, click “Settings.”
- Then, click “Music.”
- As soon as it opens, head to Account Settings.
- Click “Default Services.”
- Choose Apple Music from the list of selectable music services presented to you.
Bear in mind that all your tracks will now be played via Apple Music when you do not specify the service. YouTube, Spotify e.t.c can be used, but you will have to decide on what you want at all times.
Disconnect Apple Music From Alexa
If you want to unsubscribe from Apple Music for whatever reason, or you intend to get rid of Apple Music as your default music service on Amazon Alexa. This is how to go about it.
- Open the Alexa app.
- Click Menu seen in the upper-right corner.
- In Menu, click “Settings.”
- After that, head to Alexa Preferences.
- Then click “Apple Music.”
- Lastly, click “Disable Skill.”
This is where you will now set any alternative music or streaming service as your default music service.