HTC launched the HTC Desire 650 along with the HTC 10 Evo back in November at an event in Taiwan. The HTC Desire 650 is a mid-range smartphone with a lot of reasonable specs apart from its battery capacity which I feel is too low for a modern smartphone.
HTC Desire 650 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The HTC Desire 650 comes with a 5-inch HD screen with corning Gorilla glass protection. It flaunts a 13-megapixel rear camera with 1080p video recording and a BSI sensor with LED flash. Upfront is a 5-megapixel camera also with BSI sensor.
The smartphone runs on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with HTC’s Sense UI and is powered by a quad-core 64-bit Snapdragon SoC. It also possesses a custom back panel with 50% smooth surface and 50% ridged surface which allows for firm gripping.
It has HI-Res audio playback and Boomsound tech with the absence of dual speakers. The Desire 650 is also 4G-enabled and runs on a 2200mAh battery. Talking about memory space, the HTC Desire 650 is a big shot. With a 2GB RAM capacity and a 16GB internal memory which is expandable up to a whopping 2TB, you’ve got it all covered. The HTC Desire 650 comes in two colour variations: blue and polar-white.
HTC Desire 650 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSPA+ 850/900/1900/2100 MHz.
- 4G: 4G with LTE.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense UI.
- Dimensions: 146.9 * 70.9 * 8.4 mm.
- Weight: 140 g.
- Display: 5-inch, 1280 * 720 pixels HD (TFT) with Corning Gorilla glass protection.
- Build: Metal.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Blue & Polar-White.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC.
- Processor Speed: 1.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: –
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 2TB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity.
- Rear: 13MP, LED flash. BSI Sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 28mm lens.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 5MP with BSI sensor, f/2.8 aperture, 33.2mm lens.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: HTC BoomSound, Hi-Res audio support
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: Yes.
- USB OTG: No.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Li-Po 2200 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management: Dedicated Power Saver Mode.
- Launch Date: November 23, 2016.
- Availability: December 1, 2016.
- Launch Price
- India: Rs 11899
- USA: $264.42 approx.
Availability and Price of HTC Desire 650 in Taiwan, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The HTC Desire 650 is available in two colours (blue and polar-white) and is currently available for sale as indicated on the official HTC website. It is priced at NT$5490 in Taiwan and Rs. 11820 in India.