While the world is still revelling in the release of Huawei’s latest flagship smartphones, the Huawei Mate 9 and Huawei Mate 9 Pro, the Chinese company has silently added another smartphone to the Mate 9 series, namely the Huawei Mate 9 Lite.
The Huawei Mate 9 Lite is a cheaper variant of the Mate 9, but unlike what you would expect of a Lite device, the Matte 9 Lite still sports a dual camera setup at the rear, and its other specifications are on the high side.
Huawei Mate 9 Lite Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Huawei Mate 9 Lite comes with a 5.5-inch display which has a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution and is covered with 2.5D curved glass. The smartphone has a metal unibody design, weighs 162 grammes and is 8.2 millimetres thick.
The Mate 9 Lite is powered by an octa-core Kirin 655 processor with an upper processing speed of 2.1GHz. This is paired with a Mali-T830 MP2 GPU to provide seamless performance.
It comes in 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM & 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM variants, both internal memories which can be further expanded up to 256GB via the phone’s hybrid Dual SIM slot (with a microSD card). Speaking of SIM slots, the phone can only accept Nano SIMs and you can use only two external cards with it at once (two SIM cards or one SIM card and once microSD card).
The Huawei Mate 9 Lite sports a 12MP primary camera and 2MP secondary camera with LED flash and 0.3-second fast PDAF at the rear while the front of the device houses a single 8MP camera. It sports a fingerprint sensor below the camera module.
The smartphone packs a 3340mAh battery, supports 4G LTE network bands with VoLTE, and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow right out of the box with EMUI version 4.1 layered on top of it.
Huawei Mate 9 Lite Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: UMTS.
- 4G: FDD / TDD LTE, VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Hybrid Nano SIM.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1.
- Dimensions: 150.9 * 76.2 * 8.2mm.
- Weight: 162 g.
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD, IPS Capacitive touchscreen, 2/5D curved glass.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Grey, Gold & Silver.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Kirin 655.
- Processor Speed: 2.1 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali-T830 MP2.
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Hall Effect Sensor, Compass, Phone status Indicator.
- Rear: 12MP + 2MP Dual Cameras, 0.3-second PDAF, 1.25μm pixel size.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 8 MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: .
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: 2.4GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: 3340 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge –
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 19, 2016.
- Availability: November 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: –
- Offline: –
- Online: –
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N
- Kenya: KES
- Ghana: GHS
- India: Rs.
- China: Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $
- UK: British Pounds.
- Europe: Euro.
Huawei Mate 9 Lite Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Huawei Mate 9 Lite comes in Grey, Gold and Silver colours with a charger, USB cable, SIM ejector pin and user manual included in its package with the phone itself. It is not known yet when the Mate 9 Lite would be available, and at what price it would be sold.