Among the swarm of devices being released by Huawei at the IFA 2016 event in Berlin, a top of the line tablet and successor to the Huawei MediaPad M2 Tablet, the Huawei MediaPad M3 Tablet has been outed.
The Huawei MediaPad M3 is a high-end tablet with super display quality and a screen wide enough to suit all your reading and gaming needs.
Huawei MediaPad M3 Tablet Specifications
Display & Design
The Huawei MediaPad M3 Tablet features an 8.4-inch IPS display with a WQXGA (2560 * 1600) display resolution to give you the clearest display quality you can find on a modern tablet.
Like most smartphones released in recent times, the Huawei MediaPad M3 sports a metal unibody design and features a fingerprint scanner in its home button. Its design is similar to its predecessor’s.
Memory & Performance
Under the hood, the Huawei MediaPad M3 is powered by a 2.3GHz Octa-core Kirin 950 processor which runs on the 16nm process. It also comes with a Mali-T880 MP4 GPU for fast graphics operations.
The tablet is bundled with 4GB LPDDR4 RAM capacity and comes with two internal storage variants (32GB & 64GB) which can be expanded up to 128GB with an external microSD card.
Connectivity & Battery
The MediaPad M3 is packed with a mammoth 5,100mAh battery which guarantees you up to 48 hours of heavy usage.
It comes in three different network connectivity models – one with 32GB internal storage that uses only Wi-Fi 802.11ac, and two others with 32GB and 64GB internal storage capacities respectively which support both Wi-Fi 802.11ac and 4G LTE.
Other connectivity features include Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS.
The Mediapad M3 Tablet sports an 8MP camera at the rear with a fixed focal length, and an 8MP selfie camera at the front.
Software and Hardware
The Huawei MediaPad M3 offers superior sound quality with its Harman Kardon-certified stereo speakers. The speakers offer an SWS 3.0 stereo sound effect which ensures you get the best out of your audio tracks and sounds.
The Huawei MediaPad M3 boots Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with version 4.1 of Huawei’s custom UI Emotion UI.
Huawei MediaPad M3 Specifications (Summary)
- 8.4-inch WQXGA IPS display with 2560 * 1600 and 400nits brightness.
- Dimensions – 215.5 * 124.2 * 7.3mm.
- Fingerprint sensor.
- 2.3GHz Octa-Core Kirin 950 16nm processor.
- Mali-T880 MP4 GPU.
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM.
- 32GB / 64GB internal storage variants, expandable up to 128GB with micro SD.
- 8MP Rear Camera with Fixed Focus.
- 8MP Front Camera.
- Harman Kardon-certified stereo speakers.
- SWS 3.0 stereo sound effect.
- 4G LTE network connectivity.
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 & GPS.
- 5,100mAh battery.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Emotion UI 4.1.
Huawei MediaPad M3 Price in Nigeria, UK and Europe
The Huawei MediaPad M3 has just been announced at the IFA 2016 event and will go on sale from the 26th of September in some European countries, UK and parts of Asia and the Middle East. The pricing goes as follows:
- The Wi-Fi + 32GB ROM model of the Huawei MediaPad M3 will cost €349 in Europe, £295 in U.K. and N123,000 in Nigeria.
- The Wi-Fi + 4G LTE + 32GB ROM model of the Huawei MediaPad M3 will cost €399 in Europe, £337 in U.K. and N141,000 in Nigeria.
- The Wi-Fi + 4G LTE + 64GB ROM model of the Huawei MediaPad M3 will cost €449 in Europe, £379 in U.K. and N158,500 in Nigeria.
The MediaPad M3 Tablet will be made available in Gold and Silver colour variants.