The Huawei P9 which was released last year was a huge success, and Huawei is planning to build upon that success with its 2017 flagship smartphone, the Huawei P10. Now, recent leaks show that there is also going to be a variant of the new smartphone called the Huawei P10 Plus.
Renders of the upcoming smartphone were leaked recently on Chinese microblogging site Weibo, and some specs of the phone have been listed alongside the images.
Huawei P10 Plus Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Huawei P10 Plus is rumoured to come with a 5.5-inch Quad HD display made with AMOLED display panels and a curved screen. It features a home button, but unlike the P10 which has its fingerprint scanner embedded into its home button, the P10 Plus features its fingerprint sensor at the back.
The Huawei P10 Plus is powered by an octa-core Kirin 960 processor while its graphics operations are handled by an octa-core Mali G71 processor. It comes in 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM and 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM variants, both of whose internal storage capacities can be expanded up to 256GB with a microSD card.
The P10 Plus sports a 20MP Monocchrome + 12MP RGB dual OIS cameras at the rear (both with Leica lenses) accompanied by a ring flash. An 8MP camera with a f/1.9 aperture is present at the front, side by side with an iris scanner for security verification.
The phone packs a 3650mAh battery with fast charging capabilities, and it’s able to access 4G LTE networks with VoLTE via its hybrid dual Nano SIM slot. The Huawei P10 Plus runs on Android 7.0 Nougat from the box with EMUI 5.0 layered on top.
Huawei P10 Plus Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA+.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: .
- SIM Type: Hybrid Nano SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.0.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: –
- Weight: –
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 2560 * 1440 pixels (Quad HD).
- Display Technology: AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: –
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Kirin 960.
- Processor Speed: –
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali G71.
- RAM: 6GB/8GB.
- Internal Storage: 128GB/256GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual cameras with OIS & Laser AF. Leica lenses.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 2K.
- Front-facing: 8MP with f/1.9 aperture.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3650mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Po.
- Removable? No.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes.
- Power Management: Nougat’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: TBA.
- Availability: TBA
Availability and Price of Huawei P10 Plus in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Huawei P10 Plus is expected to be announced alongside the P10 at the 2017 MWC event on the 26th of February