The Huawei P9 is Huawei’s official flagship smartphone of the year 2016, and as 2017 is fast approaching, it is expected that the successor to the P9, the Huawei P10 would be in the works. As is common with devices of this calibre, the leaks and teasers for the P10 have started filtering in.
Some days ago, a purported prototype image of the Huawei P10 surfaced on the internet showing a fingerprint sensor on the back of the smartphone. Now, another image has been leaked, showing more details about the camera. A recent benchmark test also revealed some specs of the device, so we’ve been cable to compile a reasonable specs list for the Huawei P10.
Huawei P10 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Huawei P10 comes with a 5.5-inch IPS display with a Quad HD (2560 * 1440) pixel resolution. It is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 960 processor, comes with 6GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage capacity with an option of expansion up to 512GB with a microSD card.
The recent image leak shows a dual-camera setup at the rear of the P10, and the benchmark test reveals the camera specs to be 12MP (for both). The phone sports an 8MP selfie camera at the front and runs on Android 7.0 Nougat with Huawei’s EMUI layered on top.
Huawei P10 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI.
- Dimensions: –
- Weight: –
- Display: 5.5-inch, 2560 * 1440 pixels Quad HD, IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Plastic with metal trimmings, Metal Unibody Design, Metal aluminium design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: –
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit HiSilicon Kirin 960.
- Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali G71.
- RAM: 6 GB.
- Internal Storage: 256 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Compass, Hall Effect, Barometer, Gyroscope.
- Rear: 12MP + 12MP Dual Cameras, Autofocus.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 2K.
- Front-facing: 8 MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: –
- Charging: Fast Charge –
- Power Management: Nougat’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: Q3 2017.
- Availability: Q3 2017.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: –
- Offline: –
- Online: –
- Launch Price: –
Huawei P10 Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Huawei P10 would be launched next year 2017 around the same time the P9 ws launched in 2016. By then, we would have more details about the specifications of the device and its price.