At the beginning of this month, Infinix Mobility released a list of its smartphones getting Android 7.0 Nougat update between April and July, and now the Nougat update for one of its most popular smartphones of 2016, the Infinix Note 3 has started rolling out.
The Infinix Note 3 and Note 3 Pro had earlier received a beta version of the update early in March which served to test the stability of the new OS version on Infinix smartphones.
Infinix Note 3 Android 7.0 Nougat update changelog
The Infinix Note 3 Android 7.0 Nougat update brings new features like
- Split-screen mode which allows you to use two applications or windows on your smartphone screen side-by-side (or stacked) at the same time.
- Optimized battery usage.
- New pull-down shortcuts and toggles.
- Other new features included in Android 7.0 Nougat.
These are the same new features included in the beta update package released last month.
How to update Infinix Note 3 to Android 7.0 Nougat
You can update your Infinix Note 3 to the latest Android 7.0 Nougat over-the-air (OTA), that is by downloading the update package with your smartphone and applying the update in system settings.
To get started,
- Go to your phone settings.
- Click on About phone.
- Select System update.
- Make sure your data connection is on and let the phone search for the Nougat update.
- When the update is seen, tick the Wi-Fi only checkbox if you want the download to be carried out only over a Wi-Fi network, and untick it if you’re planning to use a mobile network to carry out the download.
- When the update package has been downloaded, make sure your battery is charged to at least 90% and then click on update.
- The phone will boot to recovery mode, apply the update and then reboot into the new Nougat OS.
The Infinix Note 3 Nougat update is about 1.5GB in size, so make sure you have enough data before you begin downloading it.
If you’re using other Infinix smartphones and want to when/if you’re receiving the Android 7.0 Nougat update, you can check here.