No one likes being left behind in any situation, and as if it could never get worse, using a smartphone with an outdated operating system hurts the more. When news came of Infinix Mobility’s proposed plan to update some of its devices to run the Android 7.0 Nougat OS, many whose smartphones would benefit from the update were left cheering, but what about the rest? Maybe have gotten over the snub.
Barely a month after Infinix smartphones started receiving updates to the Android 7.0 Nougat, there have been complaints of failed downloads or restarting updates from some corners, and Infinix Mobility in their ever-caring manner have released an app called Infinix Phone Update App to help curtail the situation.
The app which bears a similar interface to that of the System Update page on your phone settings has some features like:
- No restarting or failed updates: Unlike when you had to restart update in the event of an error, the app simply pauses the update till the error is taken care of and then the update continues from where it stopped. The app is fully optimised to get rid of failed updates so there would be little or no such thing as errors.
- Embedded OTA server: The embedded OTA server connects to the Infinix OTA update IP address and helps to download the update packages in less time than on your mobile network.
Downloading Nougat updates with Infinix Phone Update App: How it works
- Click here to download the app.
- Install the app and open it.
- Wait for the app to load the latest Update for your smartphone
- Hit Download to get it on your smartphone. Your device should be adequately charged or should be plugged before downloading the update.
- After Download, hit Update to apply the update.
- After the update is applied, wait for your device to restart. There you have it, it is running on the latest OS.