Innjoo launched the Innjoo Pro last year with many of its specifications similar to the those of the Max 3 Pro. Now, the company has launched the Innjoo Pro 2, its first smartphone with 6GB of RAM.
The Innjoo Pro 2 is coming at a time when most people are still celebrating the new year. the Innjoo Pro 2 is a high-end smartphone with a lot of improvements over the Innjoo Pro, which we shall review in the subsequent paragraphs.
Innjoo Pro 2 Specifications, Review and Highlights
Design & Display
The Innjoo Pro 2 is smaller than its predecessor, featuring a 5.5-inch IPS display with an improved Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution and 441ppi pixel density. The screen is covered with 2.5D curved glass and is processed with OGS full lamination which provides more accurate feedback and makes it easier and more interesting to use the touchscreen display.
The Pro 2 has a metal body with curved edges and superior build quality. Though the design of the phone isn’t unique (this is the same case with most smartphones these days), it’s nevertheless beautiful.
Storage & Performance
The Innjoo Pro 2 comes with a whopping 6GB DDR4 RAM, joining the likes of the OnePlus 3/3T, Xiaomi Mi Note 2, Mi MIX and Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe with massive processor memory. You also get 64GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card.
In terms of performance, the Innjoo Pro 2 is powered by an octa-core MediaTek MT6757 processor which operates on the 16nm process and has a clock frequency of 2.3GHz. A Mali T880 GPU with a speed of 900MHz handles graphics operations in the phone.
Battery & Connectivity
The Pro 2 packs a 4000mAh Lithium Polymer battery with MTK Pump Express fast charging technology. It comes with 15W, 12V and 1.5A power adapters, and Innjoo says it charges in two hours through its USB Type-C port.
The Innjoo Pro 2 comes with a Dual SIM slot and supports 4G LTE networks. It also supports fast Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.2 for wireless connections.
At the rear of the Innjoo Pro 2 is a 16MP camera with phase Detection AutoFocus (PDAF), a f/2.0 aperture size and 6P lenses. It is also accompanied by a dual-tone LED flash for picture clarity in low-light conditions. It also sports an 8MP camera at the front.
The camera app in the Pro 2 has different modes like Beauty, Panorama and Professional Mode which is loaded with different options and tweaks that allow you to customize your camera before taking shots with it.
Software & Hardware
As you would expect, the Innjoo Pro 2 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. It features a fingerprint sensor which is embedded into its home button and allows you to unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds.
Still on the hardware side, the Innjoo Pro 2 possesses, on the left side, a button to which you can assign your favourite app. When you press this shortcut key, the app you choose will be launched regardless of what you’re doing or if the phone is asleep.
Innjoo Pro 2 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSDPA.
- 4G: LTE.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: –
- Weight: –
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 pixels (Ful HD).
- Display Technology: IPS Capacitive touchscreen with OGS Full Lamination.
- Build: Metal aluminium design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Gold & Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek MT6757.
- Processor Speed: 2.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T880.
- GPU Speed: 900MHz.
- RAM: 6GB DDR4.
- Internal Storage: 64GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity & Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 16MP with PDAF, f/2.0 aperture & 6P Lens.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Camera Features: Beauty Mode, Professional Mode & Panorama.
- Front-facing: 8MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Po.
- Removable? No.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes, MTK Pump Express.
- Power Adapter: 15W, 12V & 1.5A.
- Battery Life: Talk time – 27 hours; Standby Time – 350 hours.
- Charging Time: 2 Hours.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode, efficient processor management, DDR4 RAM.
- Extra Features: Shortcut key for launching favourite app.
- Launch Date: December 31, 2016.
- Availability: TBA.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: –
- Offline: –
- Launch Price: TBA
Availability and Price of Innjoo Pro 2 in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana & Saudi Arabia
The Innjoo Pro 2 was listed on the company website on the last day of the year, but the device is not on sale yet. We will update this article once its availability and price details are available. The phone will be available in Black and Gold colours.