We all know by now that the latest major release of the Android mobile OS is Android 7.0 dubbed Android Nougat by Google. Officially released in August of 2016, Google’s latest mobile OS comes with a lot of features and could only be enjoyed if you bought a new device running out-of-the-box on it, or if you upgrade your device.
Android 7.0 Nougat Features
Some of the features that come with the new Android OS include:
- A multi-window mode
- An enhanced Doze mode
- A new Notifications Panel
- Native support for VR (Virtual Reality) through Android VR and Daydream
- Menu between the system settings
- Night mode to adjust your screen colour with the time of the day helping you reduce strain on the eyes.
- Ability to respond to messages from the Notifications bar among others.
Phew! I can imagine some of us with older Android devices that are unable to upgrade, just feeling disgusted within them. Not to worry, in today’s tutorial we shall see how we can be able to get some of these great features on our Androids.
How To Get Android 7.0 Nougat Features On Your Android Device Without Upgrading or Rooting (works for both rooted and and non-rooted android phones)
Steps On How To Do This
Follow the step-by-step guide below to join the exclusive group of Android users currently enjoying Android 7.0 Nougat. And the fun part of this walk-through is the fact that you do not need to root your device, all you need are a couple of apps from the Playstore.
Step 1: Download and install Nougat Launcher available on the Playstore for free on your device to get the Nougat look and feel or any other launcher that gives you the Android N look like Google’s Pixel Launcher.
Step 2: For the Multi-window feature, you can download and install C Floating app or Floating Apps FREE app from the Playstore.
Step 3: To add the notification feature to reply to messages from the Notifications bar, download and install Floatify.
Also Check Out:
Step 4: For the Night mode feature, you can download Twilight
Although you are not able to get all the features of the OS, you can at least enjoy this few that are available to you. For more features you can root your device and install Android N-ify using Xposed Installer, but this should be for the technical ones.
In this tutorial, we have seen how you can be able to add some of the great features of latest version of the most popular mobile OS on your device. Feel free to use the Comments box below if you have any questions.
- How To Install Pixel Launcher Android 8.0 Oreo – No Root [Download APK]
- Download & Install Infinix Android 7.0 Nougat updates seamlessly with Infinix Phone Update App
- How To Recover Lost Notifications On Android
- 10 Best Launchers For Android Phones In 2017
- How To Add New Facebook Animated Stickers & Emojis to Posts & Comments
- 3 Methods to Send Direct Message (DM) on Instagram