How To Install Pixel Launcher Android 8.0 Oreo – No Root [Download APK]
And so Google finally launched the official name of the 8.0 version of the Android OS, Oreo. After a wide stream of rumours, it looks like Google finally went for the name of one of the most popular cookies in the world. Google has already begun releasing updates for their Pixel and Nexus devices. If you want to check if your phone is eligible for an update, you can check your phone’s settings.
The Google Pixel Launcher port has been available for some time now for other Android phones. Developers, however, have come up with a new update of the launcher (AOSP Launcher3) ever since the first 8.0 Developer Preview build release and it comes with a lot of new features.
However, installing ported applications have a few problems. One of these issues is that it requires you rooting your device and sometimes even a custom recovery too. The good thing about the Pixel’s 8.0 Oreo Launcher though is that to flash the app, you do not need to have a rooted device or root your device at all.
How To Install Pixel Launcher Android 8.0 Oreo APK Without Root
Before we proceed, you should check out some of the features of the Pixel 8.0 Oreo Launcher 2.1. According to the change list of the new Pixel launcher 2.1, these are some of the features and updates of the new version of the Pixel launcher.
- Pull down the status bar to open notifications.
- Displays icon shapes even without activating developer options on your device.
- Remove and return the Google Now launcher from the apps list.
- Comes with Oreo theme with Pixel Blue accent colour.
- Notification dots
- Samsung secure folder compatibility
- Pinch to overview
There are also many more major changes in the new Pixel launcher, but they are not mentioned in the list above.
Items To Download
Rootless Google Pixel Launcher 8.0 Oreo APK | Download
How To Install Google Pixel Launcher Android 8.0 Without Root
- Download the latest version’s APK file from the link provided above.
- When it has finished downloading, move the file from your PC to your Android phone.
- On your Android phone, open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and find the “Security” option. Tap on it.
- Enable the “Unknown Sources” option. This will let your Android phone install third-party apps just like the one we are about to install.
- A warning might appear on your screen. Tap “OK.”
- Go to the APK file you downloaded in the File Manager app and install the app.
- Press the Home button and pick the launcher you just installed.
That is it. You have successfully installed the Latest Google Pixel Launcher with Android 8.0 features on your device. Most importantly, you didn’t even have to root your Android phone!
If you got stuck while following the steps above. make sure you leave a comment and we will get back to you. Thank you!