After the long wait of over a year for an official release of the Xposed framework for Android Nougat, users can finally rejoice. The person who was able to successfully do this, rovo89, has finally released the first stable and official Xposed build which is fully functional on Android 7.0 Nougat and 7.1 Nougat devices.
Xposed is one of the most popular Android frameworks. Xposed provides a platform for its users to download and install different modules on their Android device including GravityBox and Amplify to customize their Android phones and enhance their experience. Android gives its users few options about what they can do with their smartphone. Android users can add root access to their Android phones to gain extra privileges and also be able to install custom ROMS on their device. These custom ROMs can be used to customize the user interface and also change different aspects of the user experience.
The issue now is that whenever a new ROM is to be installed, a full factory reset is needed. So for most users, this is totally off the table. However, if you are using Xposed, it only requires root access and it works on the stock firmware of most phones. Aside from working on most phones, Xposed also adds custom ROM features to the phone thanks to a lot of modules which can be downloaded online.
Well, now that developer, rovo89 has updated the framework to version v88, all Android phones running Android 7.0 or 7.1 Nougat can install it and use of the available options for customization.
How To Install Xposed Framework & Modules on Android 7.0 and 7.1 Nougat Phones
- Xposed Installer APK | Download
- Xposed Framework 7.0 Nougat (sdk24)
- Xposed Framework 7.1 Nougat (sdk25)
Just so your Android phone can be able to install the framework and the files which were linked above, you need to have a custom recovery installed on your device. We recommend that you use TWRP as this is the most supported recovery right now.
- Download the “Xposed Installer APK” file and the framework for your phone’s variant (32bit, 64bit or x86). Also, download the latest v88.1 zip file.
- When you are done downloading the files, turn o your device and boot it into recovery mode. Different Android phones have different methods involved in booting them into recovery mode. So google the method involved in booting your own device into recovery method.
- Now, your phone will enter into TWRP.
- While in TWRP, select “install” and navigate to the location you downloaded the files and select the Xposed Framework file.
- Tap on the file and then swipe it to flash it.
- When that is done, reboot your device as you would normally.
- Now, open the File manager app on your phone and go to the location of the files you downloaded.
- Tap on the “Xposed Installer APK” file and tap on “Install.”
- When its done installing, open the app.
- Grant the app root access and start searching for modules you wish to download and install on your device. Make sure you remember to reboot your phone each time you install a new module.