Africa’s Ecommerce giant, Jumia has announced its collaboration with Google & Livity Africa to train its top vendors, affiliates & J-Force members in Nigeria on Digital Marketing skills.
The 1-day event which is scheduled to hold on Thursday, 28th of July, 2016 at Planet One event center in Lagos is aimed at empowering Jumia vendors and stimulating growth of the overall business which is imperative in order to scale up to the digitization of the Nigerian economy.
The training will span across the key aspects of digital marketing such as social media platforms, search engine optimization (SEO) expertise and strategic content marketing.
According to research conducted by Google, it suggests that Africa will have 500million internet users by 2020. Internet bandwidth increased in Africa by 41% between 2014 and 2015 according to TeleGeography Global Internet Geography report.
Indeed, Jumia Group has contributed a huge chunk to the digitization of the African ecosystem – 1 in every 25 Africans visited Jumia websites in 2015, and more than 50% of those visits are made via a mobile phone.
Simone Bartlett, Head of Marketing, Jumia Nigeria, stated that “Jumia is consistently looking for ways to add value to Africa’s ecommerce and digital content ecosystem, and we are excited about collaborating with Google and Livity Africa to host this capacity-building training to enable our vendors continuously contribute to this ecosystem.”
Jumia proffers solutions and services that are tailored to the behaviors and realities of the local environment such as relatively low internet penetration that is addressed through a vibrant offline sales force, and a strong reliance on mobile which we respond to by providing a wide selection of electronic goods from leading brands, and providing an amazing mobile shopping experience to our customers.
In Other News:
- Jeff Bezos celebrates Black Friday: Amazon owner’s fortune exceeds historic mark
- 3 Brand Strategies That Can Position Your eCommerce Business Above Your Competitors
- Guide to creating Getbarter.co Virtual Card for Facebook Ads and other online transactions in Nigeria
- SLOT Nigeria Addresses, Website & Contact Details (Updated 2017)
- Best Tecno Phones In Slot Nigeria With Price List (UPDATED 2017)
- Countdown to 2016 Jumia Black Friday! 12 Days of Black Friday Sales Across all Jumia Nigeria Online Stores