LeEco and Coolpad’s joint smartphone which has been in the news for quite some time has been officially released by the merged companies today. The smartphone carries the name Cool 1 and it indeed presents some cool, premium body build along side stunning features and all with a cheap price tag starting at $167.
One amazing feature of the cheap Cool 1 is the dual camera set up that it packs at the rear which provides sharp images with bokeh effect, similar to those on the Huawei P9 and Xiaomi Redmi Pro.
The Cool 1 features an all-metal body which looks sturdy yet charming, with well-chamfered edges. The device comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS in-cell display with 450nits brightness, 72% NTSC color gamut. The display has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and there are narrow bezels round the device. A physical home button is absent, instead the home button is embedded just at the bottom edge of the display screen. The bright, clear FullHD display is surprisingly bordered by black borders all round in typical LeEco style.
The Cool 1 is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU firing up the graphics. The smartphone comes in more than one memory variants. One variant features 3GB RAM + 32GB of internal storage, there’s another with 4GB RAM + 32GB 0f internal memory and finally a 4GB RAM version with 64GB of storage space on board. The three variants all clutch different prices.
The main highlight of this budget device is the dual main cameras and the specs include a 13MP main camera and an 8MP second camera which provides the depth. There’s also a dual-tone LED flash just by the side of the camera. LeEco and Coolpad also included a fingerprint sensor at the back which functions in unlocking the device and in NFC-based online transactions.
In addition, the Cool 1 comes with the USB Type-C port situated at the bottom and surrounded by speaker grills on both sides. The smartphone boots Android 6.0Marshmallow with EUI hovering on top. There’s provision for dual SIM cards and 4G VoLTE support, but there’s no microSD card slot. Finally all the power functions will be provided by a 4060mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Also Check Out:
Cool 1 Price in India, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana
Talking about the price, here it gets pretty cool because the Cool 1 which comes in Gold, Silver and Rose Gold colors, is priced at 1099 yuan (US$ 166 / Rs. 11,080 in India) for 3GB RAM + 32GB storage version, 1499 yuan (US$ 226 / Rs. 15,125 in India) for the 4GB RAM + 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage version costs 1699 yuan (US$ 256 / Rs. 17,135 approx.). The smartphone is now available for order from Coolpad website, LeMall and Jd.com and sales will start on August 24th.
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS in-cell display with 450nits brightness, 72% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB / 64GB (eMMC5.1) internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EUI 5.6
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- 8MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 152 × 74.8 × 8.2mm; Weight: 167g
- 4G with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz),Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type C
- 4,060mAh battery with fast charging
- Slot Nigeria Phone Price List: 2017
- List of Authorised Phone Shops in Nigeria (2017)
- Intex Aqua Strong 5.2 Specs Review & Price in Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana
- Innjoo Max 3 Specifications & Price
- Innjoo F4 Pro Tablet Specs Review and Price in Dubai, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
- Innjoo Fire 3 Pro LTE Specs Review & Price in Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana