LeEco raised more than $ 6 billion to take its products to the United States, but the plans were unsuccessful, and the brand had to leave the field without profit enough to crush the loans made. Since then, the manufacturer faces financial difficulties and its founder had the goods blocked by the Chinese court and was listed as a defaulter.
But it seems that now the company has a chance to get out of the heat. Yesterday it was reported that the company received an investment in the amount of CNY 15.04 billion (over $ 2.2 billion) from real estate developer Sunac China Holdings. With this, Sunac will be acquiring shares in three divisions of the manufacturer of smartphones.
It means that the total investment will be divided into three: about $ 918 million will be invested in LeEco’s Internet Information and Technology Division; nearly $ 160 million will be invested in Leshi Pictures, LeEco’s film production company; and the rest will go to one to Leshi Zhixin, LeEco’s online technology and video company.
Sunac said the enhanced partnership with LeEco will allow both companies to cooperate in areas such as smart hardware, real estate and smart homes. He also highlighted industrial real estate as an area for greater cooperation.
In Other News:
- Get Airtel Weekend Data Plan Of 1024mb (1GB) For Just N100
- Xperia XZ2 and XZ2 Compact are listed on the FCC, next to a third device
- Google Pixel XL has charging problem that can be hazardous
- Apple announces an event on March 27, new devices on the way?
- New schemes of the iPhone SE 2 confirm its design
- Nokia 8110: nostalgia returns with a reissue of the ‘Matrix’ mobile #MWC18