A certain device with the codename ZUK Z2151 received a certification on China’s TENAA some weeks ago, and that device has been confirmed to be the upcoming Lenovo ZUK Edge. Teasers have been flying around since that certification, particularly a live image of the smartphone with the display in boot mode and on the home screen, and the packaging box of the Lenovo ZUK Edge has been sighted online. Now, a live image of the phone in its about page has been sighted online.
This method seems to be the new way to reveal some specifications of an upcoming smartphone before they are launched, as it was the same way some specifications of the Xiaomi Mi MIX Nano were revealed recently. This new teaser reveals the smartphone’s name as well as information about its processor.
UPDATE 20/12/16: The Lenovo ZUK Edge has now been announced at an event in China, and all the specs reported here previously have been confirmed to be true.
Lenovo ZUK Edge Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Lenovo ZUK Edge has a 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 * 1080) display with 2.5D curved glass. The phone has thin bezels and a fingerprint sensor is located below the phone’s display, embedded in the home button. It is 7.68 millimetres thick and weighs 160 grammes.
The ZUK Edge is powered by a Quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor with a speed off 2.35GHz while an Adreno 530 GPU handles graphic operations. It comes in 4GB + 32GB and 6GB + 64GB RAM / ROM variants.
The smartphone sports a 13MP camera with LED flash at the rear and an 8MP camera at the front. It comes with a dual SIM slot and supports 4G LTE network bands with Voice over LTE (VoLTE) function. Its USB Type-C port gives it USB OTG support and allows you to share of its 3000mAh battery (with Quick Charge 3.0) juice.
The Lenovo ZUK Edge runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with Lenovo’s ZUI version 2.5 layered on top.
Lenovo ZUK Edge Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano SIM, Dual Standby).
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with ZUI 2.5.
- Dimensions: 142.9 * 74.5 * 7.68mm.
- Weight: 160 g.
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD (401 PPI), Capacitive touchscreen, 2.5D curved glass, 85% NTSC Colour gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio.
- Build: 86.4% screen-to-body ratio, 1.63mm narrow frame.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Titanium Black & Ceramic White.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 821.
- Processor Speed: 2.35 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 530.
- RAM: 4GB / 6GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB (UFS 2.0).
- External Storage: Unavailable.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor (0.09 seconds fast), Heart rate Sensor, UV Sensor, Altimeter.
- Rear: 13MP, PDAF & CAF (Continuous Autofocus) dual focus modes, 0.1-second autofocus, f/2.2 aperture, 1.34μm pixel size, Samsung ISOCELL sensor.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 8MP, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: Dirac HD Sound (Hi-Fi audio).
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4/5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: USB v3.1 Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes, compatible with Alipay & Paypal.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3100mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: December 20, 2016.
- Availability: January 1, 2017.
- Sales stores/platforms :
- Online: – TBA
- Offline: – TBA
- Online: – TBA
- Launch Price (4GB+32GB/6GB+64GB)
- Nigeria: ₦139,000/152,000.
- Kenya: KSh 33772/36862.
- Ghana: GH₵ 1393/1519.
- India: Rs 22460/24420.
- China: ¥ 2299/2499.
- USA: $330/360.
- UK: £268/293.
- Europe: €348/319.
Lenovo ZUK Edge Availability and Price Details in China, India, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Lenovo ZUK Edge comes in Titanium Black and Ceramic White colours and asides the RAM/ROM variants, there is a ZUK Edge L which has Lee Min Ho endorsement and is customised.
The 4GB/32GB RAM/ROM variant of the ZUK Edge costs 2299 Yuan in China while the 6GB/64GB RAM/ROM variant costs 2499 Yuan in China. The phone is up for pre-order in China and would be ushered in for sales with the new year.
Lastly, do not forget to subscribe for our weekly email newsletter to make sure you do not miss out on the juicy stuff in the world of tech. Use the subscription form below. Don’t forget to share this post if you like it. Cheers.