LG has launched the LG G Pad III 10.1 LTE, its latest tablet in the G pad series to succeed the LG G Pad II 10.1 that was released last year. The G Pad III 10.1 LTE is similar to its predecessor in many ways, but some aspects of the tablet like its SoC, software and selfie camera.
The LG G Pad III 10.1 LTE also comes with a feature never before seen in devices in the series; a built-in kick stand with an adjustable range of up to 70 degrees.
LG G Pad III 10.1 LTE Specifications, Review and Highlights
As the name suggests and as is synonymous with devices in its series, the LG G Pad III 10.1 LTE features a 10.1-inch display with a WUXGA (1900 * 1200) display resolution. It weighs 510 grammes and has a thickness of 7.9 millimetres, just 0.1mm thicker than the G Pad II.
The LG G Pad III 10.1 LTE is powered by a 1.5GHz octa-core processor and packs 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 2TB with a microSD card.
The selfie camera on the tablet has been upgraded to 5MP, but the rear camera remains 5MP. It comes with 4G LTE and Bluetooth 4.2 network connectivity options and possesses a USB Type-C port which allows you to reverse-charge another device via USB OTG. You would be using that feature a lot since the G Pad III 10.1 LTE comes with a whopping 6000mAh battery capacity.
The LG G Pad III 10.1 LTE runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box, an upgrade from the Android 5.1 Lollipop OS which the G Pad II shipped with. The LG G Pad III 10.1 LTE becomes the first tablet in its series to feature a kick stand. The built-in kick stand can be used in 4 modes and any angle between 0 and 70 degrees.
Also Check Out:
The tablet comes with the Time Square UX which allows you to use the device as a tabletop calendar, a desk clock or a digital frame.
LG G Pad III 10.1 LTE Full Tablet Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSDPA.
- 4G: LTE.
- SIM Type: Single SIM Slot.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Dimensions: 256.2 * 167.9 * 6.7~7.9 mm.
- Weight: 510g.
- Display: 10.1-inch, 1920 * 1200 pixels WUXGA touchscreen.
- Build: Metal aluminium design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: –
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: 0
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 2TB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity.
- Rear: 5MP.
- LED Flash: No
- Video recording: –
- Front-facing: 5MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: –
- Battery Capacity: 6000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Charging: Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: December 19, 2016.
- Availability: December 19, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: ₦152,000.
- Kenya: KSh 36872.82.
- Ghana: GH₵ 1533.85.
- India: Rs. 24,535.
- China: ¥ 2,481.75.
- USA: $360.
- UK: £290.8.
- Europe: €341.8.
- South Korea: 429,000 Won.
Availability and Price of LG G Pad III 10.1 LTE in South Korea, China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The LG G Pad III 10.1 LTE is already available in South Korea for 429,000 South Korean Won and it comes in Black colour. LG is planning to release a variant of the tablet with stylus pen support in 2017.
- Reliance LYF F1S with 16MP camera & Snapdragon 652 processor: Specs & Price
- Asus Zenfone Go 4.5 LTE (ZB450KL) with 4.5-inch Display & 8MP camera: Specs & Price in India
- Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge with Snapdragon 430 processor & 2GB RAM emerges: Expected Specs & Price
- Xiaomi Mi 5c Full Specifications Revealed: 3GB RAM & 2.2GHz Xiaomi Processor
- Micromax Vdeo 1 & Vdeo 2 budget smartphones with 4-inch Displays launched
- Barnes & Noble NOOK Tablet 7″: Amazon Kindle Fire rival launched in the U.S.