LG G7 Becomes Hot: How To Fix This Issue
If you use an LG G7, you would have sometimes noticed that your device will become very hot after using it for a few hours. In this guide, I will explain the reason why your LG G7 gets hot and how you can fix this issue. You have no cause for panic; you are not the only one experiencing this issue on your LG G7. There are many other users of the LG G7 who have complained of this issue. Read on to learn how to fix this issue on your LG G7.
Clear cache on LG G7
The first method you can use to fix this issue on your LG G7 is to wipe the cache of your device. To clear the cache of your device, follow the steps below.
- First off, you need to turn off your LG G7.
- Next up, press and hold down the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time until you see the LG logo on the screen.
- Release the buttons. Your LG G7 will now enter into recovery mode. You also note that you can’t use the touchscreen to operate the device now. You need to use the physical buttons to scroll and select.
- Once your LG G7 is in recovery mode, use the volume down button to scroll down till you get to the Wipe Cache Partition option.
- Next, use the power button to select it. The process will take a few seconds.
- Once the process is complete, use the Volume keys to scroll down to reboot system now and use the Power key to select it.
A third party app may also be the cause of the overheating on your device. To be sure about this, you need to boot your device into safe mode. To boot your LG G7 into safe mode, press and hold down the Power button and then you should press and hold the Power off until the Reboot to Safe Mode appears and you can now press Restart. Confirm the process; safe mode should appear in the bottom left corner of the screen. If your LG G7 stops overheating, it means that a third party app on your device is the cause of the problem. To solve this, you can start uninstalling recently installed third-party apps or simply carrying out a factory reset.
Get Technical Support
If after following the steps above you are still experiencing the issue, we would advise you to visit the retailer and have it fixed.
Were you able to fix this issue? Share your feedback in the comments section below.