The Meizu M3X is the first smartphone to use the MediaTek Helio P20 16nm processor: Full Specs & Price
Meizu has launched the Meizu M3X, an exquisitely-designed mid-range smartphone which currently holds (and forever would hold) the record of the first smartphone to use the MediaTek Helio P20 16nm processor. The processor was unveiled alongside the P25 and X30 towards the end of September.
Meizu M3X Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Meizu M3X comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD LCD display with an 85% NTSC colour gamut and 1500:1 contrast ratio. The smartphone has a design similar to that of the Huawei Honor 8: its back cover is made of glass and is coated with ceramic crystal which makes wonderful patterns when light is shined onto it.
A 0.2-second-fast fingerprint sensor with mTouch 2.1 fingerprint tech is embedded into its home button. The Meizu M3X sports a 12MP rear camera with a Sony IMX386 sensor and 4K video recording. It also has a 5MP camera at the front. It packs a 3200mAh battery with Meizu’s mCharge fast charging technology with which you can boost the battery up to 40% in just 30 minutes.
There are two storage variants of the Meizu M3X; one with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal memory, and another with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal memory. It comes with a dual SIM slot and supports 4G VoLTE.
The Meizu M3X runs on Android-6.0-Marshmallow-based Flyme OS out of the box with a Flyme OS 6.0 update on the way.
Meizu M3X Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA.
- 4G: LTE.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano SIM, Dual Standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Flyme OS 6.0.
- Dimensions: 153.8 * 76 * 7.4 mm.
- Weight: 165g.
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD (401 PPI), LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Glass back, Ceramic crystal coating.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Gold, Obsidian Black, Phantom Blue & Pearl White.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek Helio P20 14nm processor.
- Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T880.
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB.
- External Storage: Unavailable.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Gyroscope, Compass, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 12MP, Sony IMX386 sensor, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 6P Lenses.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 4K.
- Front-facing: 5MP with f/2.0 aperture.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 / 5 GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes, mCharge; charges up to 40% in 30 minutes.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 30, 2016.
- Availability: December 8, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: Meizu.com.
- Offline: Retails stores in China.
- Launch Price (3GB+32GB / 4GB+64GB)
- Nigeria: N104,000 / N123,000.
- Kenya: KES 25259 / 29657.
- Ghana: GHS 1045 / 1227.
- India: Rs. 16895 / 19880.
- China: 1699 / 1999 Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $247 / $290.
- UK: 196 / 231 British Pounds.
- Europe: 234 / 275 Euro.
Meizu M3X Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Meizu M3X is already available for sale in China in Phantom Blue, Gold, Pearl White and Obsidian Blue colours. The 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM variant of the Meizu M3X costs 1699 Yuan in China while the 4GB RAM / 64GB ROM variant costs 1999 Chinese Yuan.