The Meizu Pro 6 series is getting a new member, the Meizu Pro 6S to succeed the Meizu Pro 6 which was launched at the beginning of April earlier in the year. Like its predecessor, the Meizu Pro 6S is a flagship smartphone with a design characteristic to the Pro 6 series.
The Meizu Pro 6S comes with a lot of high-end features, the most notable ones being 3D Press which gives different responses to different levels of pressure on the display screen, similar to 3D Touch on the iPhone 7.
Meizu Pro 6S Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Meizu Pro 6S comes with a 5.2-inch Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display with a Full HD display resolution and the aforementioned 3D Press. The display is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and has an 100% NTSC Colour Gamut.
The Pro 6S is powered by a deca-core Helio X25 processor with an upper clock speed of 2.5GHz. Also present on the SoC is a Mali-T880 MP4 GPU which handles graphics operations. The phone comes with 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 64GB of eMMC 5.1 internal storage.
It sports a 12MP camera at the rear with a dual-tone LED flash, LDAF, PDAF and OIS. It also sports a 5MP camera with f/2.0 aperture at the front. The Meizu Pro 6S comes with a dual SIM slot and supports 4G LTE network with VoLTE. It also comes with a USB 3.1 Type-C port which gives it OTG support.
The Meizu Pro 6S packs a 3060mAh battery with mCharge 3.0 24W fast charging. An mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor which can unlock the phone in 0.2 second is embedded into its home button, and it uses Cirrus Logic CS43L36 DAC enhanced audio technology. The Meizu Pro 6S runs on Flyme OS 5.5 which is built upon Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Meizu Pro 6S Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Flyme OS 5.5.
- Dimensions: 147.7 * 70.8 * 7.3 mm.
- Weight: 163 g.
- Display: 5.2-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD Super AMOLED touchscreen, 3D Press, 2.5D Curved Glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection, 100% NTSC color gamut, 450 nits brightness, 10000:1 contrast ratio.
- Build: Metal Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Gold, Silver, Grey & Rose Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek Helio X25.
- Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Deca-core, 4 * Cortex A53 1.4GHz, 4 * Cortex A53 2.0GHz, 2 * Cortex A72 2.5GHz).
- Graphics Processor: Mali T880 MP4.
- RAM: 4 GB LPDDR3.
- Internal Storage: 64 GB eMMC 5.1.
- External Storage: Unavailable.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor (mTouch 2.1, 0.2-second unlocking), Compass, Barometer.
- Rear: 12 MP, Dual-tone 10-LED Ring flash, Laser Detection AutoFocus (LDAF), Phase Detection AutoFocus (PDAF), Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), 6P Lenses, f/2.0 aperture, 1.25μm Pixel size.
- Video recording: Yes, 4K.
- Front-facing: 5 MP, f/2.0 aperture.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: Cirrus Logic CS43L36 DAC.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB 3.1 Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: 3060 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 3, 2016.
- Availability: November 7, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms :
- Online: Meizu.com.
- Offline: –
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N168000.
- Kenya: KES 40605.
- Ghana: GHS 1586.
- India: Rs. 26610.
- China: 2699 Yuan.
- USA: $399
- UK: GBP 319.
- Europe: 358 Euros.
Meizu Pro 6S Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Meizu Pro 6S is available for pre-order in China on Meizu’s official website. It would go on sale on the 7th of November and would come in Gold, Silver, Rose Gold and Grey colour versions. The Meizu Pro 6S costs 2699 Yuan in China, and would be sold at around N168,000 when it’s available in Nigeria.
Lastly, do not forget to subscribe for our weekly email newsletter to make sure you do not miss out on the juicy stuff in the world of tech. Use the subscription form below. Don’t forget to share this post if you like it. Cheers.