Micromax has launched a new device, the Micromax Selfie 2 in its selfie-themed smartphone series in India. The device runs on Android Nougat 7.0 out of the box and is powered by a reasonable 3000mAh battery. The company also boasts that the camera software provides a bokeh effect which in essence means a blurry effect.
Micromax Selfie 2 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Micromax Selfie 2 might be a selfie-themed device, but it performs quite well all round. Its display features a 5.5-inch 2.5D curved glass with 720*1280(HD) display resolution.
The smartphone is powered by a Quad-core MTK6737 processor running at 1.3GHz of clock speed with Mali T720 GPU, and it runs on 3GB of RAM along with 32GB of internal storage which can be expanded to 64GB using a microSD card.
For a smartphone tagged as selfie-themed, it flaunts an 8MP front-facing camera with LED Flash, OV8856 sensor, 84-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture. Its rear camera features a 13MP autofocus camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX135 sensor, f/2.0 aperture. Not to forget Micromax’s claim of a bokeh effect.
The device runs on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system out of the box and is powered by a 3000mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on its rear. Other functionalities include; 4G VoLTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, FM Radio.
Micromax Selfie 2 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSDPA.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: –
- SIM Type: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: –
- Weight: –
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels, HD.
- Display Technology: IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: metallic.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: MediaTek MT6737.
- Processor Speed: 1.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T720.
- RAM: 3GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 64GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint.
- Rear: 13MP with f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX135 sensor.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Front-facing: 8MP, with f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree wide-angle lens, OV8856 sensor.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: -.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: –
- USB OTG: –
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable?: Yes.
- Charging: Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management: –
- Extra Features:-.
- Launch Date: July 2017.
- Availability: August 1, 2017.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Offline: Retail stores
- India: Rs. 9,999
Availability and Price of Micromax Selfie 2 in India
The Micromax Selfie 2 is available for Rs. 9,999 and comes with a 100-day replacement warranty which runs in tandem with its standard one-year warranty.