Report reaching us from Tabverts stated that Microsoft has come down from their cloud castles to develop Windows 10 for Android users too to fall inline with the people’s likes and preferences. This move is in collaboration with Xiaomi. The Windows 10 will be a flashable ROM for all Xiaomi Mi 4 customers and allow them to use Windows 10 exactly like windows phones. From the report on Techcrunch, it seems the program will widely roll out.
Below is the report on TechCrunch:
Neither Microsoft nor Xiaomi provided specific details of the Windows 10 software being trialled, but TechCrunch understands from sources that it effectively overrides Android, turning the Xiaomi phone into a Windows 10 device complete with Microsoft services. (Which the company hopes will dazzle Android owners into making the switch.)
This is a ROM, based on Windows, that operates much like software from Cyanogen — a company Microsoft was incorrectly linked with an investment in — and other custom ROMs developed by the likes of Tencent and Baidu in China.
The ROM is thus designed to go beyond Microsoft’s Android apps and offer a native-like Windows experience on Android phones.
From the report of Microsoft, the company has decided to collaborate with a Chinese company as their first partner in the program. Xiaomi, the Chinese mobile vendor, has been receiving generous amount feedback from its customer on weekly softwares updates. As reported, the ROM will soon move across more devices.
- Microsoft ranked among the top 100 tech companies in the world
- Microsoft continues to claim the best battery-saving Edge
- YouTube star John ‘TotalBiscuit’ Bain passes away at 33 after battle with bowel cancer
- Use iMessage On PC; Here’s How To Make It Work
- 7 Best Android Emulators for Windows PC You Can Use
- Smart luggage firms shut down due to airline battery rules