Just in time after acquisition, the only surviving CDMA operator in the country, Visafone officially announced a reborn as a GSM network in Nigeria, thereby making existing Visafone lines users to migrate to the MTN network and function as GSM lines on same Visafone number while MultiLinks still offers skeletal services to their very few subscribers on its network.
Here are few important points you should know before migration exercise from Visafone to MTN is done:
- Visafone is now owned by MTN
- Your Visafone number will not change, it will be retained on the MTN network
- You will be able to use your Visafone line everywhere there is MTN network coverage
- You will continue to enjoy existing Visafone tariffs and data plans that you have been on before now
- The Migration process and New SIM Card are FREE of charge
- Once migrated, you will not be able to use a Visafone recharge voucher (as if anyone can find them to buy anymore). You will only be able to recharge with MTN vouchers using the code *556*voucher# and check balance using *556#.
- You will still be charged based on Visafone product and service tariff plans, remember you will retain your Visafone tariff and remains as Visafone line.
- Because Visafone was a CDMA network, you will need to replace your phone with a GSM phone (unless your old phone is compatible with both CDMA and GSM
- Your Visafone line should be active on the MTN Network within 24 hours of migration
- Visit any MTN or Visafone retail outlet to perform to perform the migration process
- The migration exercise cannot be done by someone else other than you
Visafone Line Migration Requirements
Also Check Out:
- Duly migration form (to be provided to customer on visit)
- An active Visafone MSISDN (number)
- Three (3) frequently dialled numbers
- A Valid ID card – International Passport (Data Page), Driver’s license, National ID, Voters Card, etc.
- Visafone SIM or starter pack/kits
- How To Subscribe To MTN 4.5GB Day & Night Plan
- How To Stop Getting Unsolicited SMS Ads From MTN Nigeria
- MTN Introduces Unlimited Daily Data Plan For Just N150
- How To Unlock Glo 4G Huawei E5377BS-508 MiFi
- How To Upgrade Infinix Hot 2 (Android One) To Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- New Etisalat Night Plan 2017: Get 250MB For Just N50