This guide is used to change the DPI in our device without the need to root it, which translates into improved readability in some programs. In this guide, I will show you how to do it for phones running on the MIUI 9.
NOTE: The procedure described in this guide presents complicated operations that may damage the device in the event of a malfunction. It is recommended to carry out modifications only by users who have experience in the field of modification. Techlector staff is not responsible for any damage to the device.
DPI CHANGE IN MIUI 9
WHAT WILL BE NEEDED?
- USB cable
- ADB and Fastboot drivers installed on the computer.
- First, you need to enable “developer options”:
- Go to settings → About phone ⇒ Click “build number” 7 times to enable “developer options”;
- Go to settings → developer options → select USB debugging.
- Turn off WIFI, activate data transfer and make sure your device is connected to the Mi account;
- Install TunnelBear VPN and set up the connection on a server in China or Hong Kong;
- Go to settings → programmer options;
- Go to USB Debugging (Security Settings) and make sure all three check boxes are selected;
- Open a command prompt and run the following command from ADB;
- adb shell
wm density 380
- In this example, you set DPI to 380, but you can also set it to smaller;
- To reset DPI to the frog settings, run this command;
adb shell w
m density reset
The modification is permanent and will not disappear the first time you restart your phone.